Discussion topic: Power cable BT fibre modem

This message was authored by Ejl1362 This message was authored by: Ejl1362

Power cable BT fibre modem

I am new to the UK/NI so I am not entirely sure how things work but we are moving into a house in NI and it has a Openreach BT fibre modem and a Openreach phone socket. We have signed up with Sky and received the router and its cables. However the router has an on/off power button at the base of the modem and I can see a little socket for a power cable. Unfortunately the power cable is not in the house. Will I need to contact Sky to send/order a power cable? Or do I need to contact BT or should I order one online somewhere? And if I do, what kind of power cable should I order? 

Thank you,

Erik

All Replies

Ejl1362
Topic Author

Re: Power cable BT fibre modem

Apologies: I meant to write the modem has an on/off power button at the base. Not the router (However the router has an on/off power button at the base of the modem).

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ejl1362 

Where an ONT is missing its power supply (for some reason people take these away when they move out, or even remove the ONT itself) the new occupant needs to contact their ISP, and the ISP orders a replacement unit from Openreach.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Ejl1362
Topic Author

Thank you! 

I will contact the land lord. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion