Discussion topic: Cancel broadband

This message was authored by Cancel2 This message was authored by: Cancel2

Cancel broadband

I am moving into a new house and engineer called yesterday to install broadband. He stated the necessary cabling was not in place and thus could not install. I have attempted to contact Sky through various channels since to cancel the contract as I am legally entitled to, however they have been frustratingly unable to facilitate same. I cannot appear to communicate with an actual human. Legally they have not fulfilled the contract and by law I am entitled to cancel, are there any humans working in Sky who can help?

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Cancel broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cancel2 

If you cancel because openreach cannot install at the minute then  other openreach based isps will be delayed so hoping you have virgin broadband in the area .

If you want to cancel then contact sky as below

Follow the link and choose need more help

https://www.sky.com/help/home/

If in the Republic of Ireland go to the bottom of the page and change the flag to Republic of Ireland

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Cancel broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cancel2 

I'd add that the contract is for the ISP to commission Openreach (or the relevant network maintainer in RoI) to attempt to provision a broadband connection at the address: where that's not immediately possible due to lack of suitable infrastructure within or outside the property it's somewhat unrealistic to expect this to magically appear without any additional delay for the necessary work to be carried out, often by a different team which Openreach needs to schedule and who need to access additional resources.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion