Discussion topic: Please please help No sky Wi-Fi in the home

This message was authored by Jane113 This message was authored by: Jane113

Please please help No sky Wi-Fi in the home

New to Sky 

8th Feb installation day ( Engineer fails to show) 

16th Feb New installation day ( Engineer installed modem & hub) Fiber cable faulty 

27th still no internet! 
I've been charged for streaming service ( But I have no internet) 

Contacted Customer service several times now. Apparently it takes the end of 3 working days for the systems to update & I still do not get a  definitive answers! ( Disgusting for a company in the communication business)
All I want now is to cancel & refunded for the streaming services I've not had   AS I HAVE NO INTERNET.

This evening I can call customer service to cancel & refund my initial payment seriously he didn't understand , I  then asked for a supervisor/ Manager He informed me that he was a team leader ( Need I say anymore) I do hope that calls are recorded for training purposes ( I made the call 4pm 27/02/24 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Please please help No sky Wi-Fi in the home

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jane113 wrote:

16th Feb New installation day ( Engineer installed modem & hub) Fiber cable faulty 

27th still no internet! 

Unfortunately if the fibre optic cable to the property is unserviceable then you're almost certainly waiting for Openreach to replace it, which may be far from straightforward: do you happen to know when and how that was installed?

Note that cancelling the order with Sky and placing a new one with any other Openreach-based ISP will run into exactly the same physical fault, plus move you back onto another two-week minimum waiting time.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Jane113
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jane113 This message was authored by: Jane113

Re: Please please help No sky Wi-Fi in the home

The exterior was installed  22nd January by Openreach , ( surely they test it ) the internal installation was actually done on the 16th, Feb Should of been the 8th Feb ( Engineer did not visit) 

customer services are the worst I've ever experienced 

I've considered the issue & most probably return back to Virgin Media. Cable. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion