Discussion topic: Please help - Broadband almost unusable with Android phone

This message was authored by YIFBwasNotAllowed This message was authored by: YIFBwasNotAllowed

Please help - Broadband almost unusable with Android phone

This exact sequence of events happens literally every single time:

1. I'm not connceted

2. I see my network in the settings. It has three or even four bars

3 . I connect and am "successful"

4. Within about ten seconds it drops to two bars, then very quickly down to one or zero. Sometimes an exclamation mark appears. Regardless, the connection stops working entriely. Usually my phone disconnects altogether, like it has given up.

This is only a probem on my Android phone. TV, IOS, and Windows work perfectly without any hiccups. Restarting the phone or resetting the network settings has done nothing. Data works perfectly. It's not a hardware issue with the phone.

Initially I dismissed this as a teething problem, but it's worse now than when the router arrived almost a week ago. It used to cut out for a few seconds but come back on its own, now it works for a few seconds and then fails.

If anyone esle has had this problem, does it go away on its own? And if so, how long does it last?

All Replies

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

Re: Please help - Broadband almost unusable with Android phone

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 23 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@YIFBwasNotAllowed 

What phone is it?

To me that does sound like a Hardware/Software issue. What makes you think it isnt?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by millwall1690 This message was authored by: millwall1690

Having same issue with Galaxy S23 Ultra, wife also having same issues with her iphone. Works fine on everything else, except our phones - So annoying

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@YIFBwasNotAllowed  Have you split the wifi bands as some devices don't like them combined you should have a 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz band on the hub.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by millwall1690 This message was authored by: millwall1690

Didn't realise that was a thing. Thanks, I'll give it a try

This message was authored by cuke This message was authored by: cuke

A Samsung S23 should have zero issues with combined bands, I'm currently using a s20 with none, my s4 tablet had none and my partners pixal4a has none.

So if splitting the bands does actually resolve it, doubtful, then there must be a setup issue with the phones..

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion