Discussion topic: Play station portal

This message was authored by PiotrK This message was authored by: PiotrK

Re: Play station portal

Yes I still got the old router. Are you suggesting I should plug it back in? Don't think this will work anymore

This message was authored by PSunhappy This message was authored by: PSunhappy

@PiotrK I plugged my old router back in, logged into its setting and factory reset it, it also worked perfectly. It's worth trying. 

This message was authored by PiotrK This message was authored by: PiotrK

So yesterday I gave it another go and finally my PS Portal connected! Was not trying any type of reset or old router. It just worked. I think someone else have said on here that just after few days it started to connect by itself. Same happened for me

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you so much for highlighting this problem.

I've passed the information to our support teams to investigate and as soon as I have more information, I'll let you all know.

To save people from having to read the entire thread, I'll be marking the post as answered.

Update: 22/4. Our development team continue to work on this problem and are profusely sorry for the delay in being to resolve it.  In the meantime, if you leave the message on-screen for 10 minutes, does it then provide access? Unless you factory reset the hub, we're not expecting you to have to do this again.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by PSunhappy This message was authored by: PSunhappy

@KevNewMedia the problem is not answered as several people are still having the issue without any real solution. It is clear that what has worked for some hasn't worked for others and so I feel this needs to remain open until a solution is published. 

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@PSunhappy wrote:

@KevNewMedia the problem is not answered as several people are still having the issue without any real solution. It is clear that what has worked for some hasn't worked for others and so I feel this needs to remain open until a solution is published. 

Hi @PSunhappy 

I think you've misunderstood what I've written.  The answered post is to allow others to see that we're investigating the problem, without the need to read the entire thread.  Our support teams are investigating the problem 😀

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by rosemary22100 This message was authored by: rosemary22100

PlayStation portal

My new broadband went live this week. It was working great on everything other than not being about to connect  PlayStation portal is the main reason for upgrading my WiFi so this is very frustrating. When I try to connect to the WiFi it states 'This network requires an additional validation that used web browser'. I seen sky colleagues commented but can see how to resolve can you please help. 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: PlayStation portal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@rosemary22100 

There are quite a few threads on the issue, if you just search 'Playstation portal' at the top of the forum it should give you a few threads.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by T-375 This message was authored by: T-375

I had this problem yesterday afternoon and luckily resolved it by the evening, in large part due to all the suggestions on this thread (which also helped correct some stupidity on my part).

TL;DR - I logged into the hub admin page via web browser and did a factory reset of my hub and have had no issues since.

Full issue (in case it helps others or Sky identify problems): I'm in a new build property with the Openreach connection in the cupboard under the stairs so requested a Max Pod to help with WiFi coverage in my home. Plugged it in at a recommended locatoin and I didn't seem to see a signal strength change on my Portal when in the worst area of the house so I switched airplane mode on and off to try and force a switch from the hub. It was at this point I got the error experienced in this thread and after trying various simple things (restarting portal, restarting hub, restarting pod etc.) I googled the problem and came here. 

I attempted everything except un-syncing 2.4 and 5 because I couldn't get that to work via the admin page. The options to edit the bands were greyed out and it said I had to do through the Sky app which doesn't have an option to split that out which was frustrating. Eventually I found the factory reset feature and this resolved the issue immediately by solving whatever the original issue was and a secondary issue which I subsequently caused and only discovered this morning. This may also be relevant to Sky to help solve the solution although I don't actually know as I'm not a network expert but I haven't seen this mentioned on this thread.

During my frustrations yesterday and critically before I got to the reserved IP/MAC address solutioun I was reviewing my connected devices on my network, via the Sky app, and realised there was a Sony Xperia device connected. Having owned one in the past and having a habit of hoarding old devices I assumed it was an old one and just hoovering up bandwidth thereby not helping my issue so I paused the device by selecting 'until I wake it up'. Upon digging further this morning I spotted the device connected again but luckily checked it properly and the MAC addresses matches my Portal's so I suspect by pausing it I was never going to be able to reconnect it.

This message was authored by char999 This message was authored by: char999

I have had a similar issue recently with both my PS5 and my old PS4, (Sony thought it was a hardware issue, as did I till I tested my PS4). I phoned sky and they've helped me resolve it. Sky advised me over the phone how to split the WiFi bands, (2.4GHz and 5GHz), and I have subsequently connected to the 2.4 one and have had no issues since. I don't know if this is much help to anyone, but on the off chance it might be I thought I'd post it here.

This message was authored by Christopher1234 This message was authored by: Christopher1234

Re: Playstation Portal can’t connect to the internet

Did you get this sorted as I have the same issue 

This message was authored by Neo_pixel This message was authored by: Neo_pixel

@KevNewMedia 

Hi there, we've had the same issue, is there any update on what this can be? We've reset the router, even replaced the router and the portal itself and still not able to connect. Same error messages around extra validation. 

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@Neo_pixel wrote:

@KevNewMedia 

Hi there, we've had the same issue, is there any update on what this can be? We've reset the router, even replaced the router and the portal itself and still not able to connect. Same error messages around extra validation. 

Hi @Neo_pixel 

Welcome to the Community.

The problem is still under investigation at our end. What's odd, is that there are so many different solutions being mentioned in this thread. I'd recommend trying each of them. Sorry I can't be of more help at the moment.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by BazTaylor This message was authored by: BazTaylor

Hi,

I'm a new customer and am having the same issues. I've tried all the suggestions but nothing works. I'm still in my cooling-off period and tempted to go back to my previous provider. 

Even using remote play on other devices is worse on Sky broadband, there's a lot more stuttering. 

This message was authored by Ardi This message was authored by: Ardi

I have this problem. At the end any solution? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion