Discussion topic: Play station portal

This message was authored by Karen+761964 This message was authored by: Karen+761964

Re: PlayStation portal won’t connect to new broadband

I have tried all the options suggested in the thread, reset the router (twice) tried to manually assign an IP using the MAC address, only thing I could not get to work as intended was manually switching between the different GHz bands, when I try the router seems to "crash" and the setting is back to default. The portal has also been reset back to default too.

This message was authored by Karen+761964 This message was authored by: Karen+761964

Re: PlayStation portal won’t connect to new broadband

@jamesn123  All sorted now, had to access the hub from a desktop browser not my phone to make the changes, split the networks and un-synchronised the 2 bands to allow this to work

This message was authored by PSunhappy This message was authored by: PSunhappy

Re: Play station portal

My fix, tried on two hubs, go into the settings and restore to factory default. Sky are clearly rolling something out that overwrites or updates the hub which blocks portal. 

This message was authored by Lukee90 This message was authored by: Lukee90

Only way mine connected after restarting and a new hub received was for a tech to come to my house and mannukybreserve the ip using the Mac off the portal. This connects and works everytime now.  

This message was authored by PSunhappy This message was authored by: PSunhappy

@Lukee90 @Did you note instructions? 

This message was authored by Lukee90 This message was authored by: Lukee90

No. But depends if you know how to get into the hub settings via the ip address on the internet. If you do then it is on one of the tabs on there. Cont remember which one exactly. But I assume someone on here may be able to advise on how to do this? Reserving a specific ip address using a MAC address. 

This message was authored by AndrewSimpson This message was authored by: AndrewSimpson

Playstation Portal can’t connect to the internet

So I moved across to Sky about a week ago , and I've decided to connect my PS portal to play a few games . But everytime I try connect I get a error message saying it needs additional validation . I've turned off the shield and I have separated my internet to 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz and this hasn't resolved the issue at all . I changed ISP so I wouldn't have to have any issues and I feel like it's just caused a new one to arise .

can someone help give me options before I throw this router at my wall .

Kind regards,

Andy

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

Re: Playstation Portal can’t connect to the internet

Try changing your parental settings within the MySky app to see if that helps. We've got Sky Broadband and haven't had any issues connecting any devices or consoles and we have a few connected. 

This message was authored by AndrewSimpson This message was authored by: AndrewSimpson

The parental settings were turned off when I disabled the shield .i have no issues connecting my other devices and my PlayStation to the internet . Its just the PlayStation portal that's seems to not want to work with the sky internet

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@AndrewSimpson Sounds like it is more of an issue with the portal to the ps5 for validation than anything else. The router does not validate the portal in anyway.

Yes the issue is with the portal , it can't connect . But it's the router which is causing this to happen , I have connected my device to numerous different outlets (My previous ISP , BT , my mobile data and hotels ) without any problems . The only difference now is I have a sky router . There's a few different post of people having the same issue with the same box 

@AndrewSimpson Is the PS5 Ethernet or wifi connected?

If you are having connection issues with your PS Portal, you can try the following steps12:

• Press and hold the power button on your PS Portal. Wait for your PS Portal to turn off. Then, wait 30 seconds. Press and hold the power button on your PS Portal. The system reboots.
  • Swipe left from the top right of the PS Portal screen to display the quick menu. Select Settings > Network > Internet Connection Setup and check the Wi-Fi settings again.
  • If the error keeps happening, try using another Wi-Fi network.

The PlayStation is connected to the Ethernet , and I have tried to reset my portal without any luck. I have also just tried to connect it to my mobile data and it did it first try. I then had a go at connecting it back to the router and get the error message ' Your Internet service Provider or your router might be preventing your device from connecting to the internet . Make sure you can connect to the internet via the same network as your device by testing the connection using your computer or smartphone.

its 100% a issue with a setting on the sky network or the router , its not the play station portal . I agree that the portal is set up in a stupid way that won't allow web browser sign in technology , but its worked everytime with my other internet sources  ... just not sky broadband .

@AndrewSimpson If you have not already done so, log into your account and take a look at the broadband shield current setting, i have mine at off, not saying its a cure, but certainly first place to go.

Oops, see you have already done so, can take sometimes 24hrs to filter through though will keep thinking, not a gammer and only experience issues when daughter calls me with her PS5 woes which is not often thankfully, but no portal and i would say that is the only thing she has NOT got.

Searched the forum and this appears to be the solution of reserving an ip address in the

Advanced / Lan IP setup tab, this feature i use for virtually all my devices and is done by add

so thought is your portal will be seen here after you try to add the device, do any save, it will tell you that it only takes effect after reboot of the router and go from there.

Also copy of the search link below.

Play station portal - Page 6 | Sky Community

I'll give these a go tonight , hopefully something works or I'm gonna have to probably call sky and see if they know a workaround 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion