Discussion topic: Play station portal

This message was authored by Superleeds123 This message was authored by: Superleeds123

Re: Play station portal

Yes could be worth a try cheers

This message was authored by TestUser This message was authored by: TestUser

Had the same issue as the rest of you here, sky sent a new router and once I connected my portal to the new WiFi it wouldn't connect with the additional validation popup.

What I did that worked for me is a very easy fix - forget the network then add it manually using your router details (set up manually option at the bottom). Network name is the name of the router - SKYXXXX.. - security method to wpa-personal/wpa2-personal. Then connect!

This message was authored by TestUser This message was authored by: TestUser

And enter your WiFi password obviously ^

This message was authored by Superleeds123 This message was authored by: Superleeds123

Hi test glad your portal is working I'm starting my 2nd week since I changed my internet speed and so far bar the occasional lag it's been absolutely fine , the only thing I had to do was pull the power cord out of the router then pop it straight back in this resets everything similar to how you got yours working , now this is great for us but it doesn't work for everyone,so it's on Sony to sort this signing in thing out otherwise people will just not buy the portal that would be a shame ,for me I love the portal 

This message was authored by SleepyTom This message was authored by: SleepyTom

Any updates on this? Changed to Sky the other day and haven't been able to use the Portal since. Have tried all of the suggestions and still can't connect

This message was authored by Lukee90 This message was authored by: Lukee90

What is the issue connecting to sky broadband still? 

mine worked when the engineer went onto the hub settings via the net and reserved an ip address specifically using the Mac off the portal. 

Hi Tom it does seem the portal has issues with sky with me simply unplugging the power cord of the router then replacing it worked for me while others have had other things that worked , have contacted sky to see if there are any updates from them though I very much doubt it 

This message was authored by Lukee90 This message was authored by: Lukee90

The problem is. With it being so new. Neither Sony or sky are not aware of fixes for certain issues (found out having spoken with both) so unfortunatley it is some sort of trial and error to fix any issues that arise. And none are the same for each portal or internet. Hopefully all are recorded and this will be fixed or noticed in the future 

This message was authored by Nichaela This message was authored by: Nichaela

Re: PlayStation portal connection

Hi I'm having same problem I'm on ultra fast. Router in hall small house. Receiving download of 140 and upload of 31. All above what portal needs. Yet it reaches half bar and constantly kicks my son out. Any suggestions please. 

This message was authored by Andy851 This message was authored by: Andy851

Re: PlayStation portal connection

Hi @Nichaela i moved my sky broadband onto ultrafast plus and purchased a TP link AV1000 to link the PlayStation via an Ethernet cable and these things worked for me. 

This message was authored by PSunhappy This message was authored by: PSunhappy

Is there any update on this issue? I can use remote play so it had to be a setting in the router to connect to the portal. It worked fine up until this week!

This message was authored by Karen+761964 This message was authored by: Karen+761964

PlayStation portal won’t connect to new broadband

Have up graded my broadband and now the PlayStation portal will not connect to it 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: PlayStation portal won’t connect to new broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Karen+761964 

What changed when you upgraded?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Karen+761964 This message was authored by: Karen+761964

New fibre line and new Sky router, was using a deco x60 for a mesh network but unable to use that now

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Karen+761964 

Ah so its probably the Sky hub to blame. There is a pretty lengthy thread here where other users have had the same issue. Hopefully some of the suggestions in this thread help you connect it

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Play-station-portal/m-p/4513894

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion