Discussion topic: Play station portal

This message was authored by Lukee90 This message was authored by: Lukee90

Re: Play station portal

I have a new hub now so everything is standard and still won't connect. How do I disable this? 
also could the firewall for ipv6 be an issue at all? 

Re: PlayStation portal won’t connect to Sky internet

New hub received today. Still won't connect and showing same issue. No idea!!!

This message was authored by DanTuckey This message was authored by: DanTuckey

It's in the mysky app then broadband then product settings settings, and I don't think so mine is fine with that 

Thank you. Just checked and it is already disabled. Everything else connects ok just not the portal. Really frustrating. Anything else I could possibly check? 

Maybe try pressing the reset button on the back of the router 

It's brand new. Only came today. 

how about if I reserve an up address on my hub settings using the MAC address off the portal? 

Press the button 

Just pressed it and reset it. 
still won't connect 

No idea then 

Yeah it's frustrating. 
not a clue. Surely it's just a setting somewhere but god knows what. 

Tried a different portal today. Still the same issue on that one. So definitely and internet issue. Hopefully engineer can sort out when they arrive on Saturday 

This message was authored by ALPS2 This message was authored by: ALPS2

PlayStation portal won’t connect to broadband .

Hi,

I have the PlayStation portal and out of the box it connected to the sky broadband router very easily. I've been playing on it solidly for a week and had no issues until now,

Today my router stopped providing Internet to all devices in my house. We know there are no problems with the line, and we've had this issue before where all four lights remain green on the router, but for whatever reason, nothing can connect to the Internet. It happens a lot with sky and we Normally have to simply press the reset button, reboot the router and then everything works again for awhile.

We did this today but this is the first time it has happened since we had the PlayStation portal. Now everything else connects to the Internet but since we have reset the router, we get an error on the portal saying that the network requires an additional validation on a browser and to connect to a different network. 

i've seen a few suggestions on this forum of accessing router settings and unchecking the "synch 2.4GHz and 5 GHz settings" box, which I've done. This has worked for others but had not worked for me. 

I've also tried to make sure sky shield is not active, as this was another suggestion that has worked for others. When I checked, sky shield wasn't active and so there was no option to deactivate it.

therefore both solutions that have been marked as working here sadly haven't worked for me. 

with me only getting this error message since I was forced to reset my router, I can only assume there is an annoying setting somewhere that I need to tweak but I have no idea what I'm doing. I never modified the settings on the router when we got it so I had thought it was always running at default settings anyway, never thought a reset would be two risky. Now the Wi-Fi will connect to every device, but my portal!

i've checked the portal on different networks, and it connects fine, so it is only struggling with this sky router for whatever reason and my personal hotspot is not strong enough to stream from the PlayStation. This sky error has really rendered my portal useless. 

I've contacted sky help and they took me through the usual steps of hard resetting the router (again), and that was no help. Now they have said they will send a new router but if the default settings from a factory reset don't suit the portal then a new router surely won't help either?

does anyone have any ideas or personal experience beyond the two solutions already tried tested and failed please?

(complete novice when it comes to this stuff btw)

thanks

This message was authored by Superleeds123 This message was authored by: Superleeds123

Hi all I got a portal at Christmas it worked great with my sky hub for 2 weeks then I had to change my router and that's when the problem started , phoned sky and after 2 days and 2 different agents he stumbled on the answer ,pressing the reset button on the router won't sort it out he told me to pull the power cable out of the router then put it straight back in ,this resets the router and now my portal is working great ,hope this helps

This message was authored by Superleeds123 This message was authored by: Superleeds123

Re: PlayStation portal won’t connect to broadband .

Unplug the router then plug it straight back in did it today since then it's been fine hope this helps

Re: PlayStation portal won’t connect to Sky internet

You need to unplug the router then plug it straight back in now it's back on 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion