Discussion topic: Phone cable and pole

This message was authored by Vicky+L. This message was authored by: Vicky+L.

Phone cable and pole

Hello, the phone cable and pole to my property got damaged in the recent storms. The cable is now dangling low to the ground. I've talked to OpenReach but they say this has to be reported to Sky in the first instance, who will then report it to OpenReach. Does anyone here know who in Sky I should call or report this to?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Phone cable and pole

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Vicky+L. 

If it's dangerous/hazardous you report it direct to Openreach otherwise just dial 150 from your landline to report it to Sky. See this link

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Vicky+L. just call Sky as calls are routed to a customer services agent who should be able to inform Openreach. Dialling 150 on your Sky Talk line gives a free call.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Vicky+L. 

If its affecting your service e.g. Connection down or going up & down then you report it to Sky.

If its not affecting your service but is a hazard to yourself or others then it should be reported as such on the Openreach website. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion