Discussion topic: Paying for booster and not received one

This message was authored by Danny+M.+H. This message was authored by: Danny+M.+H.

Paying for booster and not received one

Good morning, I'm a new sky customer and I've yet to pay my first bill.

I've looked over my bill and noticed that I'll also be paying  for a booster, which I haven't received alongside the broadband hub. Is this normal? If so, will I actually receive a booster?

I can't even get through to the "experts" due to their systems not working to explain my issue.

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Paying for booster and not received one

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Danny+M.+H. 

You will need to order the actual booster boxes seperately

150 from your sky landline or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@Danny+M.+H. 

You will need to order the actual booster boxes seperately

150 from your sky landline or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Danny+M.+H. wrote:

I've looked over my bill and noticed that I'll also be paying  for a booster, which I haven't received alongside the broadband hub. Is this normal? If so, will I actually receive a booster?.

You're paying the 'Broadband Boost' subscription supplement:  confusingly, that's not itself any form of booster.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Danny+M.+H.
Topic Author
This message was authored by Danny+M.+H. This message was authored by: Danny+M.+H.

I don't understand that answer. So really I'm having extra charges on a non-existant service?

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Danny+M.+H. 

Broadband boost includes daily line monitoring and the booster boxes if it is found that you can't get at least 3Mbps in every room. What we are saying is the booster boxes are free but you have to apply for them seperately

Danny+M.+H.
Topic Author

That's good to know, appreciate it. I've found that the booster is an additional £80.00, but confusingly I were being charged an additional £5.00. I've finally gotten through to an advisor and I've rectified the issue.

Thanks for your help.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Danny+M.+H. try reading this page from Sky https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-boost?DCMP=emc-skycom:na_boost as it explains what is in the bundle.  It does not include a physical booster unless you ask for one which Sky will supply if your wifi speeds are below 3Mb/s in every room in your home.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Danny+M.+H. wrote:

That's good to know, appreciate it. I've found that the booster is an additional £80.00, but confusingly I were being charged an additional £5.00.

£5 is the additional monthly cost for the subscription supplement: booster hardware loaned under the terms of the WiFi Guarantee is 'free'.  Typically Sky don't sell booster hardware, so being quoted a purchase price is unusual.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by GEW8 This message was authored by: GEW8

Same here. Trying to phone to book an engineer to get signal round house with extra boosters but can't get through on normal phone help line. Number not recognised??!?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@GEW8 150 on a Sky Talk or Sky Mobile line gives a free call any Sky's 03 numbers should work.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Felix3280 This message was authored by: Felix3280

I've just noticed my bill too, paying £5 p/m booster fee without ever having been sent a booster, or ever needing one.

If I cancel this, I assume all I'm missing out on is a daily signal check and waiving the free engineer call out service. I only live in a moderate Semi, with no previous WiFi issues, so seems a bit pointless to pay ?

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Felix3280  You have to weigh these things up. If you have had no issues with your set-up at your property then you could cancel. Most of the engineer visits don't cost the end user anything. The payment that you are making is would say not well thought of in the naming that it was given.

If you had issues with your Wi-Fi and needed a booster then you would get at no additional cost as you are paying the £5 a month.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Danny+M.+H.
Topic Author

This is a 2 year old discussion. Why don't you close this, as I've spoken to somebody about this already.

This is how you can really help, rather than drive your custom away by suggesting cancellations.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion