Discussion topic: Pay for broadband home check

This message was authored by moffers This message was authored by: moffers

Pay for broadband home check

I seem to have non stop issues with my broadband it constantly going down, the broadband checker on my Sky states it fine. Before I cancel and go to BT wondering if its worth paying for sky to send an engineer to check our kit etc. I pay for a booster and nothing seems to work - in the past Sky has just said it's because you have too many connected devices - but I can't be any different from most - my sky Q relies on Bb, and we have 4 mobile devices- we don't game - thoughts 

Sandra Reid

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Pay for broadband home check

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@moffers 

Could you post your hub stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

If there is an external fault then sky can book an openreach engineer.which will be free of charge.  If its more an issue with wifi and or the booster box sky can get their own engineers out to do a site survey to see if amy more boosters would be advisaable this would also be free as you are already paying for it  

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
moffers
Topic Author
This message was authored by moffers This message was authored by: moffers

Sky wifi.JPG

Sandra Reid
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@moffers 

Its clear theres an external line fault going by the noise margin of 14db , the upload speed indicates you could get as fast as 80Mbps.

Try running the service checker in  your my sky app using 4g/5g mobile to get around the fact that your line is dropping all the time it should let you book an enginee

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by stemadpc2 This message was authored by: stemadpc2

Have you got full fine because a booster with not make a difference if you're on a normal copper line. You should not have to pay for an engineer at all as their advise was wrong. Not just that - it's their equipment and have made it clear that any equipment you receive is there for you on loan while using the service. Are you in hardship and or a vulnerable customer? If so they have misplaced you the booster. Even if you do have full fibre, engineers should be free as they are responsible (sky) for anything that has gone wrong. Remember other than things you have actually bought, it is their responsibility and the booster hardly makes a difference anyway. Good luck and you fight your corner. They're a big company. It is important that you suggest that you cannot afford it due to hardship, even if your not because at the end of the day, if you could afford it, you wouldn't be concerned about them charging for a home check (that I've never heard of anyway). Good luck!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion