Discussion topic: Openreach - utter shambles

Millsey101
Topic Author
This message was authored by Millsey101 This message was authored by: Millsey101

Re: Openreach - utter shambles

The problem is not knowing how long it's going to take - if they said '6months' then fine I'll sort something but stringing me along with daily or weekly updates isn't helpful really. I guess maybe they just don't know!

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@Millsey101 In all of this i may as well ask, what package from sky did you purchase, and if you know what did you have from virgin media, if you are going back to a landline based broadband how long was it previous that the old BT line was disconnected if you know? Jim

Millsey101
Topic Author
This message was authored by Millsey101 This message was authored by: Millsey101

I don't understand why a package comparison would be relevant, both are / were just standard domestic contracts. Virgin took over from a Plusnet contract 3 yrs ago, clearly the PN service came in via the overhead line so it worked then. Neighbour who's line goes to the same pole and cabinet switched to Sky a few months ago and had no issues at all. They had been with Virgin longer than I had. None of this really relevant I suspect, the physical infrastructure is still there and probably works if only OR would resolve the line/pole/cabinet config issue. 

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@Millsey101 If you happen to be in an area, now designated to be fttp and that can change at any time to fibre connection then it will be only that option, you will not be connected via the current landline, just thought i would ask, sorry if you got upset...

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Millsey101 wrote:

I don't understand why a package comparison would be relevant, both are / were just standard domestic contracts. Virgin took over from a Plusnet contract 3 yrs ago, clearly the PN service came in via the overhead line so it worked then. Neighbour who's line goes to the same pole and cabinet switched to Sky a few months ago and had no issues at all. They had been with Virgin longer than I had. None of this really relevant I suspect, the physical infrastructure is still there and probably works if only OR would resolve the line/pole/cabinet config issue. 

@Millsey101 what Sky package are you having installed is it FTTP ?

if you are not sure then  enter your full postal address below and post the table and notes after removing your address from the image

we will see what type of broadband is available at your address.

If FTTP is available then you may not have been able to buy the slower and older FTTC which relies on copper cable to your house (which is more than likely what the plus net broadband came over) so they may need to run a new fibre cable from the pole to your house the link below will show us whats available and may well give some explanation to the delay 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Millsey101
Topic Author

OR have told Sky that the tech problem

is reaolved but now i have to wait until the 28th for an engineer! 

Millsey101
Topic Author

Still waiting...

Apparently OR have resolved their problem but I need an engineer.

Earliest date was 28th March, that changed to 25th, then to 8th April, now back at 28th March but txt this morning from Sky indicating that there's still a problem.

You couldn't make it up.

Millsey101
Topic Author

Millsey101_0-1711442700516.png

Millsey101
Topic Author

OpenReach just called me to "confirm my appointment for March 21st".

Er... 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Millsey101 If Openreach are doing the work what they tell you should be correct Sky are only acting as a pist office.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Millsey101
Topic Author

for OpenReach to be trying to confirm an appointment for date that was 5 days prior... is more than a worry.

Anyway, apparently they are coming out today so maybe we'll have service by close of play!

Millsey101
Topic Author

A man has arrived, to fiddle with my wires!

Millsey101
Topic Author

We are connected! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion