Discussion topic: Open reach have cut me off from the pavement!

This message was authored by Badwifi21 This message was authored by: Badwifi21

Open reach have cut me off from the pavement!

So last week some men in a van pulled up outside my house with the intention of feeding some rope through the manhole in the pavement in place for fitting the super fast fibre. (Fair enough as my area has only been able to get 6mps for the past 7 years via sky broadband) I went outside to enquire as to how soon they could get it up and running, no straight answer. So returned to my desk as I was working from home, all services where cut in that instant, they claimed it was nothing to do with them which I highly refute. After making contact with sky after Troubleshooting and arranging the engineer appointment.....I have received no contact, as per the automated acknowledgement

I am still without services. No access to my cctv system for my personal safety, my autistic children have no access to any streaming servives which is causing an escalation in their behaviours, my land line is not working either

Screenshot_20240122_100611_Gallery.jpg

, I am unable to work from home now due to this error made by the engineers on Thursday, thus resulting in me having to commute to the office this is causing so much stress I really hope the issue is resolved and I am compensated foe the inconvenience caused by sky.  NIGHTMARE 

Screenshot_20240122_100632_Gallery.jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Open reach have cut me off from the pavement!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Badwifi21 

Openreach have a target fix time of two working days which they claim to meet in 85% of cases. Unfortunately working from home is not relevant as you are using what's described as a domestic service. 

The below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your Sky account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Badwifi21 wrote:

I really hope the issue is resolved and I am compensated foe the inconvenience caused by sky.   

Sky doesn't lay cables: that's either Openreach, their subcontractors or personnel from an altnet ISP.

Compensation is as mandated by Ofcom.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat... 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Badwifi21
Topic Author
This message was authored by Badwifi21 This message was authored by: Badwifi21

I appreciate your response @TimmyBGood but it doesn't change the fact that I am having major issues with sky themselves, they called me today and we spent almost 30 minutes trying to book a slot. They where unable to so I was promised a call back between 1&2pm which hasn't occurred then to receive an email stating my complaint has now been closed. Very miffed with the service I'm getting.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Badwifi21 

Welcome to the Sky Community.

I'm sorry to hear of your experience.  I've escalated your post to our Community Messaging team and they will be in touch over the next 48 hours. Just check back here every now and again. You're looking for the chat bubble in the bottom corner of the thread.

For more information on how the service works, click here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @Badwifi21 to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion