Discussion topic: Open Roach Can't install my broadband

This message was authored by Bighuntie This message was authored by: Bighuntie

Open Roach Can't install my broadband

The Open Reach engineer arrived and said he cannot install the necessary cable for my new broadband installation as I have a concrete drive. They will send someone else to **bleep** in a few weeks. Meanwhile, ee is due to terminate my broadband today at 6.p.m.  Called EE they can't help-ring SKY.  Called SKY engineers line, he tried to be helpful but can't help-ring EE.  Does anyone know if, because the job has not been completed, my EE brodband will continue.  If it doesn't what do I do without my broadband if it is going to be  weeks before OPEN Reach arrive.  Has anyone else had this and is there a solution to the problem?

All Replies

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

Re: Open Roach Can't install my broadband

If you placed a cease with ee then you need to contact them to prevent this completing

if sky arranged the cease as part of a service transfer then ee will be notified of the delay when the order doesn't complete as planned and this will prevent the service from being ceased until the new service completes

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Open Roach Can't install my broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bighuntie wrote:

The Open Reach engineer arrived and said he cannot install the necessary cable for my new broadband installation as I have a concrete drive.

If the 'new broadband installation' is FTTP then an optical bearer does have reach the property somehow: that's either from a pole in an area provisioned for above-ground fibre, or below ground in a duct.

Putting the address into the BT Wholesale Availability Checker should indicate which provisioning type is applicable.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

It's the table and the two text lines below it which are most useful.

Remove any personal information (such as the address itself) if you post an image.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion