Discussion topic: NordVPN support needed

This message was authored by MicheleDSky This message was authored by: MicheleDSky

NordVPN support needed

Hello,

I'm a new customer with Sky (couple of days at the time of writing) and long time customer with NordVPN which I use for both work and personal use.

It looks like the nordvpn.com domain is blocked by Sky. Ping to resolve domain works but it is not possible to browse the nordvpn website nor using its services through VPN client connecting to NordVPN servers. See excert below from PING command:

PING nordvpn.com (90.207.238.183) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 5acfeeb7.bb.sky.com (90.207.238.183): icmp_seq=1 ttl=250 time=7.51 ms

Other connections work just fine and I'm shocked to find that just my main connection Sky does not work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as I would need this resolved asap or will have to move to different provider quickly knowing I need to use this main connection for work and personal use beside other things.

Thanks,

Michele

Best Answers
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty Answer

Re: NordVPN support needed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MicheleDSky 
Worth checking Sky shield, the nord site always worked when I was with Sky.

Go to product settings on your MySky App , then to broadband shield and either change the age setting, 
disable the shield or on custom settings add the website to the list of allowed sites.

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MicheleDSky 
Worth checking Sky shield, the nord site always worked when I was with Sky.

Go to product settings on your MySky App , then to broadband shield and either change the age setting, 
disable the shield or on custom settings add the website to the list of allowed sites.

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
MicheleDSky
Topic Author
This message was authored by MicheleDSky This message was authored by: MicheleDSky

Thanks @Skull+Treaty ,

Disabling the Broadband Shield solved the issue. I will play with exceptions (Alllow/Block) as well and check the possible combinations.

Kind Regards,

Michele

This message was authored by Aveyard58 This message was authored by: Aveyard58

This works, add the website exceptions in custom and allow the web addresses, sign out and sign back in to your account and you will be up and running. 

This message was authored by KioG This message was authored by: KioG

Can confirm this was the issue on my side.

We had a Sky Broadband engineer come out and replace the rounter entirely with a new one and added repeaters around the house. For some reason that's when NordVPN stopped working entirely, and it always used to work before. Interestingly, Google VPN still worked. 

After turning off Sky Broadband Shield altogether, it now works again. Note: you may need to leave it a few hours for the changes to kick in,

This message was authored by NathRNath This message was authored by: NathRNath

Are you saying add www.NordVPN.com or the address to their data centre vpn servers?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion