Discussion topic: No WiFi Despite SKY check saying everything is ok!

This message was authored by Todd22 This message was authored by: Todd22

No WiFi Despite SKY check saying everything is ok!

We currently have no WiFi in the house despite the Sky service checker saying everything is fine. Is this an issue for all Sky customers and if so when will this be resolved? 

All Replies

This message was authored by CharlieM2323 This message was authored by: CharlieM2323

Re: No WiFi Despite SKY check saying everything is ok!

We have got the same issue. Seems to be sky problem as the panel on the wall says it's got no connectivity 

This message was authored by EB04 This message was authored by: EB04

I have same issue since yesterday! Very frustrating 🤬
Todd22
Topic Author
This message was authored by Todd22 This message was authored by: Todd22

Thank you! Hopefully the issue gets resolved quickly! It's good to know it's not just me but sorry to hear it's affecting you also! Rather it be a sunday problem rather than a WFH Monday problem - every cloud? 

This message was authored by JED01 This message was authored by: JED01

Same here. All the possible checks shows that there is no issues in connection yet I am using mobile data to join this chat though I am at home..... 😬
This message was authored by Lee116 This message was authored by: Lee116

I have no connection and even tried rebooting and doing fix it load of times it still doesn't work 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi people it is highly unlikely whatever the problem affecting each of your lines is a national issue affecting 6 million plus customers. Run the full connection test in the My Sky app over a mobile connection rather than relying on the status pages if that reports a known fault then sorry you will have to wait until its fixed however if nothing is reported call Sky and report the fault yourselves.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by CharlieM2323 This message was authored by: CharlieM2323

Hi Chrisee, 

Given that the issue is a LOS issue which skys own help page says can't be solved at home it needs to be logged and investigated by openreach, means it's a sky issue not a turn it off and on again issue 

@CharlieM2323 so call them and report it if your ONT has a red LOS light it is an issue between the exchange and your home which is down to Openreach as either there is an issue with their unit that generates the light signal at the exchange or a break in the fibre. Sky have no way of knowing until somebody reports the issue. Fibre is far more reliable than copper but still can break.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Lee116 This message was authored by: Lee116

I just called sky about no connection and was told it was an outside line problem and open reach will sort it within two days 

@Lee116 which to be totally correct is 2 working days which means it should be fixed by Wednesday Openreach dont work on faults on domestic lines over the weekend. Loads of line faults as there alwways are after heavy rain.

This message was authored by Sarahbolo This message was authored by: Sarahbolo

Checked on The Open Reach website and it states that if there is an Open Reach issue it's actually Sky that needs to raise it on behalf of the customer. 

hopefully that has been done as ours is down (fun with kids) and hopefully is just due to heavy rain and gets fixed quickly. 

@Sarahbolo that is quite likely to be correct but Sky cannotraise a fault with Openreach until you report the issue with your line to them. 

This message was authored by Sarahbolo This message was authored by: Sarahbolo

Doing the tests now it states there is an issue in my area so obviously it's all in hand. 

and I am correct as that's the same route I went down last time and sky sorted everything. I never raised anything with openreach. 

This message was authored by Durhamlass This message was authored by: Durhamlass

We're in the same position, Sky app showing a broadband issue which cannot be resolved and engineer booked. 
(All was fine until power company decided to dig around the pole that supplies our phone/broadband on Saturday morning then suddenly pack up and vanish 🕵️‍♂️)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion