Discussion topic: Nintendo Switch won’t connect to internet on Sky Fibre Broadband router.

This message was authored by Stoyeboy This message was authored by: Stoyeboy

Nintendo Switch won’t connect to internet on Sky Fibre Broadband router.

I recently changed from Sky Superfast broadband on ADSL to Sky Ultrafast on Fibre.  I have been able to connect my TV, phones, computers, etc through WiFi to the internet but for some reason, I cannot get my Nintendo Switch to connect to the internet.  When setting it up, the Switch finds the router OK, but times out when connecting to the internet.  All other external devices are working fine on WiFi.  Is there something I'm missing or is there a known problem between Nintendo Switch and Sky Fibre Broadband routers?  I have restarted the Switch and tried it several times with no success.  It worked fine before changing from ADSL to Fibre.  Any suggestions?

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Nintendo Switch won’t connect to internet on Sky Fibre Broadband router.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stoyeboy  Are you able to forget the network on the switch and then re-start the switch, then try again to add the nework to the switch again to see if it will connect?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Stoyeboy
Topic Author

Thanks for the reply Highlander.  Yes, I completely removed the network from the Switch and then tried again to reload from scratch.  Once again it connected to the router but not to the internet.  Since then I also tried to connect my Kindle to WiFi but had no success with that either.  Yet both my iPhones and iPad connected with no problems.  Strange..

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Stoyeboy 

Did you have the very old upright sky router?

Modern routers have a 2.4 and a 5ghz wifi band whilst older devices only operate on the 2.4ghz

If you have the sky broadband hub sr203 you may have to seperate the wifi bands and connect the kindle and switch to the 2.4ghz as below

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Talk/How-to-separate-WiFi-bands/ba-p/3530610

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Stoyeboy
Topic Author

Cookie Monster, no, I had a fairly recent flat router that was installed a couple of years ago when I upgraded to SkyQ.  Of course, the new fibre router is a 2.4 and 5 ghz one...

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Stoyeboy no known issue I am aware of but check the Switch's network settings see https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22316/~/how-to-change%2Fview-the-se...

Possible issues include not entering the SSID or password correctly which is easily done. Using a fixed IP address which is in use by another device - if using a fixed IP address remember to reserve it in the LAN IP set up section of the hub's interface. The switch from ADSL to FTTC is not a factor.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion