Discussion topic: New fibre broadband installation not done and no communication

This message was authored by ClaireMunn This message was authored by: ClaireMunn

New fibre broadband installation not done and no communication

We had a go live date of 15th Feb when we bought a fibre broadband deal. An engineer was supposed to be coming then. No engineer came that day and we had no communication from Sky. An engineer then showed up another morning unexpectedly and said he would need to organise for the outside trenching to be completed for our broadband fibre connection to be completed. We have heard nothing further about the installation and have had no contact from from Sky at all. Have downloaded the app and just checked there where one message still says my go live date is 15th Feb and the other tells me to contact Sky without further explanation. When I try the number given, I can't get past the automated list of options that don't match my query before it cuts me off. I can't find any other means of contacting Sky and it really ought to be up to them to inform their customers when they aren't able to fulfil something promised and provide us with timely updates. What's the point in an app to track orders of the information there is wrong or just says to call Sky then no suitable option exists to get through to talk to a real person. How do I get in touch with Sky and find out what's going on?

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: New fibre broadband installation not done and no communication

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there,  @ClaireMunn. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

ClaireMunn
Topic Author
This message was authored by ClaireMunn This message was authored by: ClaireMunn

Following your message here, I tried chatting online to someone asking that they let me know what was going on. They weren't there to answer straight away and then when I was next able to check for a response, the chat had disappeared. It's now over one month since our new broadband was supposed to go live and there has still been no update from Sky or any communication at all. My working hours make it very difficult to try calling again (not that that worked before). The app says to check my messages for information about my order but no messages are there!

How on earth do I find out what's going on? Can someone please just email me an update and explain when the engineers will be here to do the external trenching and thus what my go live date now is? Please also confirm what compensation is being provided given that it's now over a month since this was all supposed to happen and there has been absolutely zero customer service. I'm also having to pay higher out of contract rates to maintain internet with my old provider while this is being sorted and expect to be compensated for that too. 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ClaireMunn 

Please keep an eye on this forum preferrably using a chrome browser

I've escalated your post again via the community chat. This link explains how it works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or red and blue chat bubble. When the red and blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @ClaireMunn.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion