Discussion topic: Need booster

This message was authored by Lee291 This message was authored by: Lee291

Need booster

does anyone know how you order a sky wifi extender. Internet only works properly in my front room, barely extends to the next room, is extremely slow my son cannot play any games. Tried a normal WiFi extender was rubbish, I want a sky one. Does anyone know how to order this please?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Need booster

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lee291 Sky do not sell extenders they are only normally loaned in two circumstances first that the customer has boughtvthe Broadband Boost bundle at £5 a month or where Sky Q TV boxes are not connecting. 

Wifi bosters can work in some circumstances but they are not a good answer in all especially for gaming as the signal is liable to interference. Boosters require astrong wifi signal to boost and should be installed half way between the router and where you need the boist.

There are better solutions you can buy especially if your home has solid internal walls. Powerline networking adapters which use your home's mains wiring to carry data are one I have used myself. They come in various configurations but in essence one adapter plugs into a wall socket near your hub and is connected by an ethernet cable the comes in the kit. The second unit plugs in your son's room and is similarly linked by an ethernet lead. This should provide good gaming  You can buy kits with built-in wifi access points which msybhelp improve wifi in that part of your home.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lee291 Sky do not sell extenders they are only normally loaned in two circumstances first that the customer has boughtvthe Broadband Boost bundle at £5 a month or where Sky Q TV boxes are not connecting. 

Wifi bosters can work in some circumstances but they are not a good answer in all especially for gaming as the signal is liable to interference. Boosters require astrong wifi signal to boost and should be installed half way between the router and where you need the boist.

There are better solutions you can buy especially if your home has solid internal walls. Powerline networking adapters which use your home's mains wiring to carry data are one I have used myself. They come in various configurations but in essence one adapter plugs into a wall socket near your hub and is connected by an ethernet cable the comes in the kit. The second unit plugs in your son's room and is similarly linked by an ethernet lead. This should provide good gaming  You can buy kits with built-in wifi access points which msybhelp improve wifi in that part of your home.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Lee291
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lee291 This message was authored by: Lee291

Thanks so much for this, very helpful. I will look into this now 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion