Discussion topic: My internet has been dropping for almost a week. Booked engineer for 27th. How to claim compensation

This message was authored by Jakes This message was authored by: Jakes

My internet has been dropping for almost a week. Booked engineer for 27th. How to claim compensation

Hi, have had problems with internet for a week now. Full 24 hrs without and several days of it dropping at least 10 times a day. As I have Sky glass, I'm left without TV , landline etc too. Have finally got an engineer booked for Wed 27th. How can i claim for compensation for days without any service? 
Thanks in advance 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Re: My internet has been dropping for almost a week. Booked engineer for 27th. How to claim compensa

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jakes  @Marionbracelan  Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Marionbracelan This message was authored by: Marionbracelan

Re: My internet has been dropping for almost a week. Booked engineer for 27th. How to claim compensa

my internet keeps on dropping out all the time and If your internet keeps dropping, the issue is most likely with your wireless connection, not the device itself. The main reasons for Wi-Fi connectivity issues include a weak Wi-Fi signal, a congested internet service provider (ISP) network or hardware issues.
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jakes  @Marionbracelan  Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Jakes
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jakes This message was authored by: Jakes

@Highlinder I was able to book an engineer on line. They came out today and fixed the problem. 
Thanks for your message 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion