Discussion topic: My connection keeps dropping

This message was authored by Rodrigo77 This message was authored by: Rodrigo77

My connection keeps dropping

It's getting to the point where I want to cancel my contract 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: My connection keeps dropping

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rodrigo77 To cancel completly you have to call Sky it cannot be done online. With Broadbband if you switch to a different ISP who also use Openreach's network your new suppliier will handle the whole process including cancelling with Sky. 

If you are unhappy with Sky's service but are still in the 18 month fixed term of your contract you will be normally be charged a cancellatioon charge unless Sky have released you from contract to get that you would have to complain and for Sky to be unable to solve the issue. However Sky are planning a price increase in April and will shortly contact customers by email giving them 30days notice. If you switch or cancel during that period they cannot charge cancellation charges.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Miz+Anonymous This message was authored by: Miz+Anonymous

Re: My connection keeps dropping

I have had the same problem. From last year, up to now. It is a nuisance one minute, you have connection next it is gone after watching the TV or any other device. I did not have this problem. Untill my neighbour upstairs moved in. Something is up, as it does cut out at times, Not sure if he has something to do with it. Or that it is just, the Sky connections. For 4 years, I had no issues with my connection now its becoming a problem. I had not tested the WiFi.  On the tester at the time when it goes off on the Sky website. I not long checked and its all ticks of good. I now will remember to do this, when it does disconnect itself next time it happens. And even in normal weather it happens. At one stage it had gone of and for ages it would not come back on. I want to upgrade my sky hub. If there are any that are better than what I am already using.  

Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion