Discussion topic: My broadband speed is below my minimum guaranteed

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: My broadband speed is below my minimum guaranteed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Carlad19 wrote:

I have spoken to sky yet my I still have my issue.

Once speed below the Guaranteed Minimum is reported by a user to their ISP, the ISP has a duty to either get Openreach to resolve the issue or offer the subscriber an option to leave the contract early without penalty.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/broadband-speeds-c... 

Note there isn't actually an obligation to deliver the quoted minimum speed, and in some cases that's just not technically possible.  The Universal Service Obligation for broadband is 10Mbs in and 1Mbs out.

Openreach investigation procedes on an Openreach timescale rather than anything dictated by the ISP.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Carlad19
Topic Author
This message was authored by Carlad19 This message was authored by: Carlad19

If sky them self can't help me how can you? I got told it's something to do with the DLM wasn't active but now they're saying they think it's gone active last week yet my broadband speed has dropped down to 21mbps from 30mbps..

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Carlad19 

You'll need to persist with reporting speed below the Guaranteed Minimum to Sky: as I said, they are required by Ofcom to either resolve this through Openreach or offer you the option to leave without an early-exit penalty.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Carlad19 wrote:

If sky them self can't help me how can you? I got told it's something to do with the DLM wasn't active but now they're saying they think it's gone active last week yet my broadband speed has dropped down to 21mbps from 30mbps..

Because surprising enough the collective mind of many tech enthusiasts on this forum can often be more knowledgeable and helpful than Sky support themselves.

I would ask the question why continue to post on a public, customer driven forum if you think we cant help or dont want us to help?

As @TimmyBGood you are below your minimum guarantee so Sky are either obliged to investigate it further or release you FOC out of your contract so you need to persist with contacting them and requesting an engineer.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Carlad19
Topic Author

@Tom-W19 can I get another live chat please?.

Carlad19
Topic Author

Hello I was wondering if I could get a live chat with you or someone else please?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion