Discussion topic: My bill doesn't make sense!

This message was authored by missrebeccahew This message was authored by: missrebeccahew

My bill doesn't make sense!

Okay so i've recently just moved house. I rang sky to change my address.. unbeknownst to me it wouldn't just be a simple - 'yes, no problem changed your address on your account take your router with you' oh no it was having to cancel my broadband at my old address to then reactivate it at my new address and a BT engineer coming out to install it blah blah blah. I would've got charged £50 for a BT engineer to come out and set it up, but because I'm a 'gold VIP' member I got it for free. Anyway, the BT guy came set it up, problem in the area so I STILL have no internet, i've been in my new house for nearly 2 weeks, it's actually ridiculous. Anyway, sky are gonna credit money to my account BUT my bill makes no sense! It doesn't even look like I'm gonna be paying for any broadband. I'm literally paying just for the boost, nothing else, not the broadband itself. I am majorly confused. Sky really do like to complicate things! 

IMG_0151.png

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: My bill doesn't make sense!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@missrebeccahew 

As it was cancelled and a new order was placed you might need to set up a new account for your new address. To check if this is what you need to do what address is shown on that account, if it was your previous one then you will need to setup a new one. To use the same email address you will need to remove it from that account first.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
missrebeccahew
Topic Author
This message was authored by missrebeccahew This message was authored by: missrebeccahew

My new address is on the account. I rang them to change it and she told me she had set it all up.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@missrebeccahew 

To see if they can help you with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @missrebeccahew.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@missrebeccahew 

Billing does not start until your service has activated so since they had an issue on install day it wouldn't be on your bill.

Also worth noting that is the normal process for a home move, your service has to be stopped on the old address then activated at your new one. This usually happens within 24hrs of each other but can be longer if there are problems at your new address.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@missrebeccahew wrote:

unbeknownst to me it wouldn't just be a simple - 'yes, no problem changed your address on your account take your router with you' 

Unfortunately that just isn't how the national broadband network functions: service from a particular ISP does not (and cannot) follow their router around the fibre and copper cabling, and must be manually provisioned at the new address.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@missrebeccahew wrote:

it was having to cancel my broadband at my old address to then reactivate it at my new address and a BT engineer coming out to install it blah blah blah. I would've got charged £50 for a BT engineer to come out and set it up, but because I'm a 'gold VIP' member I got it for free. 

Openreach, not BT, and there's no charge for a Home Move, so that's a bit bogus.  Note that the subscriber doesn't actually 'cancel' at the address they are leaving and doing so messes up the process: it's the ISP which handles the service ceasing there.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @missrebeccahew . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion