Discussion topic: Mobile phones not working on wifi

This message was authored by Alex56 This message was authored by: Alex56

Mobile phones not working on wifi

With my sky wifi me and my partner have found our phones don’t really work on the wifi and end up just using our 4G most of the time is there anything I can do to solve this issue everything else the wifi works fine with

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Mobile phones not working on wifi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Alex56 many phones have a setting to use mobile connection if it is faster than the Wifi. Forcexample on iPhones in tge Mobile Data settings right at the bottom if youbscroll down there is a Wifi Assist function which will mean the phone will useca strong 4G signal in preference.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Alex56
Topic Author
This message was authored by Alex56 This message was authored by: Alex56

Hi I tired switching that off and the wifis still isn't really working on either phone 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Alex56 if other drvices are connecting correctly the issue must becwith the phones. Try tellingbthe phones to forget the connections then reboot it and try to connectvoncectge phone is fully bsck up.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion