Discussion topic: Lag on PS5

This message was authored by KD10 This message was authored by: KD10

Lag on PS5

Hi, we switched from BT to Sky a couple of months ago.  Very minimal issues with BT and gaming lag.

However, since having sky nothing but issues.  We've had tech support out, they've given us an extra booster in the room with the PS5 to plug ethernet cable into giving a download speed of over 250mbps. He reset all sky q mini box connections.  Still didn't help with lag.

We've been onto Sony, been through all their checks.  Nothing made a difference so they now want the PS5 to do a repair on. 

However, my son plugged his PS4 back in to see if he got the same issues and he does.  The red X comes up and has lag.

He's put the PS5 in the room where the router is and has no issues, but the PS5 can't stay in this room. 

We're also getting lag on YouTube when it's watched on upstairs tvs.....

Has anyone else had this issue before and have any solutions?

It seems I may have to go back to BT, they are just nearly double the price!

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Lag on PS5

@KD10 

Wireless often has a lag issue, an alternative is to use ethernet homeplugs which pass the ethernet signal via the mains wiring in the premises.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
KD10
Topic Author
This message was authored by KD10 This message was authored by: KD10

Re: Lag on PS5

Great thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion