Discussion topic: Just moved house and taken Sky with me. They can’t connect my broadband asthey need to dig the road.

This message was authored by Stoobydoo69 This message was authored by: Stoobydoo69

Just moved house and taken Sky with me. They can’t connect my broadband asthey need to dig the road.

They're having trouble contacting the relevant people involved. My wife works from home and now has to travel into the city centre as we have no broadband at home, which also means we can't download any tv. Just record whatever is on. Is there any way I can get round this or if not, get some sort of compensation for her having to travel and us not having my internet access at home?
2 adults. 2 very bored kids.

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Just moved house and taken Sky with me. They can’t connect my broadband asthey need to dig the r

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stoobydoo69  You are likely going to get auto compensation for delayed provision, but only once everything is up and running , there isn't anything you can do other than using mobile data 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Stoobydoo69
Topic Author
This message was authored by Stoobydoo69 This message was authored by: Stoobydoo69

Re: Just moved house and taken Sky with me. They can’t connect my broadband asthey need to dig the r

Thanks for a swift reply. I've got a bajillion gigs of sky data so hopefully that'll last. 

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Stoobydoo69 You won't get any compensation for your wife having to travel in to work, your paying for a domestic service that doesn't really permit working from home.

As mentioned you should be eligible for the automatic compensation scheme, but that will be all your eligible for.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Stoobydoo69 

Unfortunately you've discovered the major flaw with the Home Move system (from any Openreach ISP) in that there's no option to use existing FTTC at an address where all new provisioning is on FTTP and this gets delayed.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion