Discussion topic: Juniper SRX300 and Sky FTTP

This message was authored by enayzed This message was authored by: enayzed

Juniper SRX300 and Sky FTTP

Hi,

I am curently on FTTC on Sky, Openreach are rolling out FTTP in the area and I have a Juniper SRX300 Router that I want to use with the FTTP. The Juniper is quite an advanced business device and has a lot of features
I want to plug the Junipers WAN port into the BT ONT. However I have been search the forums to try and find the settings that I need.
Sky used IPoE rather than PPPoE, it looks like I just need to configure the DHCP Client with prefix delegation which is possible on the Juniper however how does it Auth? I have seen posts that say Mac Address (MER) and others that say its not that. 
Is there a definative list of settings that I need to configure. What I am trying to work out, is it work me upgrading with sky to FTTP or moving to another provider which uses PPPoE and I can get a username and password from so  I can use the Juniper? 

All Replies

enayzed
Topic Author

Re: Juniper SRX300 and Sky FTTP

For reference I have found the answer:

Sky Fibre Broadband & Now TV Setup Guide (draytek.co.uk)

This can probably be applied to other models. the SRX300 for sure supports these options and explains how the auth is done.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@enayzed 

You don't need an authentication username or password.

Set the WAN to Automatic IP/DHCP

Then in the DHCP Option 61/Client identifier box simply type abc123@skydsl|abc123

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
enayzed
Topic Author

Thanks @jamesn123. Reading up about it a little more I got to the same conclusion. I seems likely that my router will work with Sky, that was my biggest worry, I didnt want to do creative stuff to get it to work, wanted it as close to plug and play as possible.
Overall I am happy with sticking with sky, on FTTC my speed has been good and dont have any issues in the location I am. I know others people with sky face a lot more issues. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion