Discussion topic: Internet keeps dropping out

This message was authored by bryan2186 This message was authored by: bryan2186

Re: Internet keeps dropping out

average speed for me is between 30 to 50 right now I'm about 40mbs  60mbs to 70mbs is rare another reason i'm thinking of changing providers since it's just me using the internet and my signal is high bars so no reason not to get my best speed so i'm at my minimum limit or below it but very rarely reach the top speeds of my package

i booked an  engineer and got up this morning to find my internet at almost zero speed 1Mbs hope they fix it quick cos

I'm about ready to quit sky at this point i have no trust left with them at all now if it was a one-off i could accept it but these problems happen all year round this is  like the 3rd time this has been going on this year alone and plenty of problems the few years before as well it just i was thinking of getting fiber fttp ultra fast when it comes available but now i'm not sure i trust them enough to get a new contract signed and be locked in for 18 mounts

so update I had a engineer come on monday spent a hour tinkering around said the problem now fixed

almost 4 days later the Internet is even worse dozens of disconnections an hour almost regular enough to be timed 2nd engineer appointment booked thou have to 5 days which make the problem  almost 3 weeks old at that point

Sky broadband Superfast disconnections

so I have been having constant disconnections for the last 3 weeks with the internet going off almost once a minute now I had an engineer take a look last Monday he spent an hour tinkering and said it was fixed now a week later the problem is even worse now

I have a new engineer coming out on Tuesday to take a new look and I was wondering if is there any chance my router might be the problem rather than the line as the problem is very regular and i also have some noise distortions on my landline don't know if that related to it here is my router stats can someone  take a look, please

Router Statistics
System Up Time: 00:12:40

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN MER 7654 11761 0 0 0 00:08:02 LAN Down 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:00 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 2112 392 0 0 0 00:10:58 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 21332 13867 0 0 0 00:10:47

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed (Kbps) 47205 11993 Line Attenuation (dB) DS1:10.2    DS2:23.7    DS3:35.5 US0:5.5    US1:19.9    US2:29.3 Noise Margin (dB) DS1:6.9    DS2:8.0    DS3:8.3 US0:5.3    US1:4.4    US2:3.5
Poll Interval:
Seconds (at least 3s): 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Sky broadband Superfast disconnections

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@bryan2186If you have noise on the line then that is showing with the higher noise margins. If the broadband test does not show any faults then you will need to contact Sky and arrange another engineer to come out.

But point out to Sky that you have noise on the phone line.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by mozart14 This message was authored by: mozart14

From reading earlier post it would appear that I need a new hub ( which is what the automated lady said!) 

Internet keeps dropping in and out.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We have not received a response to our invite within 48 hours, hence we are closing this session now. If you still need help, please get back to us, so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

This message was authored by free+movement This message was authored by: free+movement

Our internet keeps dropping out - Sky TV impacted with internet dropping out and broadband as well while on our laptops. This is happening increasingly in last week but Sky broadband says wi-fi perfectly healthy. It isn't

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion