Discussion topic: Internet keeps dropping out

ingleside44
Topic Author
This message was authored by ingleside44 This message was authored by: ingleside44

Re: Internet keeps dropping out

I called 150 yesterday and it was a pre-recorded message sign posting to the webiste. 
Do you know if there is a way to email Sky, send a message or chat

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ingleside44 

On ringing if asked is this about sky mobile say no

When asked do you want to receive an sms say no. They will send an sms anyway so when asked if you want to hang up and follow the link say no .

When asked for the nature of your enquiry say broadband technical

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Steve+Jose This message was authored by: Steve+Jose

My router keeps on cutting out. Often for only a short period but it's quite frustrating. My son also complains about the speed for gaming even though it should be fine for that as we are on fast fibre. Can anyone advise on these issues? 

Have included a picture of diagnostics from my router if that helps.

Screenshot_20220810-184522_Chrome.jpg

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Steve+Jose 

In your case your speed is as fast as it can be. The last drop was 6 minutes ago so may indicate that you are dropping 10 or more times day. If it is then contact as above

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

This message was authored by Steve+Jose This message was authored by: Steve+Jose

Some days it can be more than 10 times a day. This evening it has cut out three or four times in the last hour. Would changing to another wireless channel make any difference?

@Steve+Jose 

Would changing to another wireless channel make any difference?

No. Because clearly theres a fault somewhere. But yo u would expect that number of drops to also dramatically reduce the speed so its hard to narrow down exactly where without sky doing a diagnostic line test

Thanks I will get in contact and sort that.

@Steve+Jose 

Just emphasis the number of drops

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @Steve+Jose, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by bryan2186 This message was authored by: bryan2186

I'm having trouble with my own Internet as well for the last 4 or 5 days at this point my internet drops about every 10 or 15 mins so I lose the internet like 4 or 5 times a hour for the last 4 or 5 days so that's like dozens maybe over 100 drops and no sign it going to get better at this point

i'm starting to wonder if it's time to leave sky and try somewhere as this is a fairly common thing for me sometimes you get a good period of time with no problems but it does not last  long before the next problem comes back again my health check has a yellow alert and for the last 14 days my internet speed has been below the minimum speed for 6 of the last 14 days my top speed is about 

@bryan2186 

Can you post your hub stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

router.PNGrouter 2.PNG

i have not reported it to sky yet as these problems mostly are an outside issue and most of the time fixes itself if not back to normal on Monday I'll report it

router 2.PNG

@bryan2186 

The downstream line attenuation does indicate you should be 70-80Mbps and the ds noise margin should be closeq to 3db so it does appear to be external. Let us know  what happens 

@bryan2186 

The other images have been rejected as they showed your public ip address and don't give us anymore insight

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion