Discussion topic: I switched broadband from nowtv to sky and am being billed by both for my broadband. Help!

This message was authored by Suzy167 This message was authored by: Suzy167

I switched broadband from nowtv to sky and am being billed by both for my broadband. Help!

I switched broadband from nowtv to sky three months ago and have discovered that nowtv is still taking my direct debit. Nowtv say it was Sky's responsibility to tell them and so it is Sky that needs to refund me. I've spoken with Sky and they say it's Nowtv that I need to speak to. Is there an email address through which I can correspond with Sky Customer Services? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: I switched broadband from nowtv to sky and am being billed by both for my broadband. Help!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Suzy167 there is no customer services email address for Sky. The two services although both owned by Sky operate separately. I would raise a formal complaint with Sky see How to make a Sky complaint | Sky Help | Sky.com 

Normally under Ofcom's switching system it is the gaining providers responsibility to cancel with the losing provider so Now TV are right.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Suzy167
Topic Author

Re: I switched broadband from nowtv to sky and am being billed by both for my broadband. Help!

Thank you for your response. 

Suzy167
Topic Author

@Chrisee Sky have got back to me and told me that I am to get in touch with Nowtv. It really is a nightmare! 

@Suzy167 sounds like it is. I would raise a formal complaint with Now TV but I will ask a Sky contact if he has any other suggestions.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@Suzy167 My contact has got back to me unfortunately Sky agents have no access to the Now billingsystem so cannot issue a credit. He suggests raising a formal complaint with Now TV using the link here https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-make-a-complaint including evidence of the double billing - screenshot of your Sky account or bank statement should suffice. .

If Now dont agree to credit you take the complaint to the Ombudsman service who will bang heads together for you but you have to go through the complaint system first.

Suzy167
Topic Author

@Chrisee 

Thanks.  I'll let you know how I get on. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion