Discussion topic: I have ran reports on my WiFi and it says I have a problem and need to contact you.

This message was authored by Kirsty+macca This message was authored by: Kirsty+macca

I have ran reports on my WiFi and it says I have a problem and need to contact you.

I have ran tests on my WiFi and it says I have a problem and to contact you. I am not getting very good download speeds when I've ran my tests. My TV is 8m from my box with a booster next to it. My sky box is plugged in but my Firestick is not getting good enough download speeds. I have recently upgraded to sky fibre and I am still not happy with my WiFi speed 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: I have ran reports on my WiFi and it says I have a problem and need to contact you.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kirsty+macca wrote:

My TV is 8m from my box with a booster next to it. 

Note that wireless'booster' hardware is intended to be located midway between source and client: having it next to one or the other achieves almost nothing.

'Boosters' would be better described as 'relays' : they aren't permitted to be any more powerful than other WiFi hardware.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion