Discussion topic: I have just switched broadband provider to Sky and WhatsApp is not functioning.

This message was authored by Cwmynys This message was authored by: Cwmynys

I have just switched broadband provider to Sky and WhatsApp is not functioning.

I have switched broadband provider to Sky and WhatsApp is not working. It won't connect and I get a message telling me I have no internet connection, however every other app is working, and there is no issue with my broadband. Other people with an iPhone can't connect using my broadband but android users can. Any ideas?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: I have just switched broadband provider to Sky and WhatsApp is not functioning.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you checked your Sky Broadband Shield settings:

https://broadbandshield.sky.com/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Cwmynys
Topic Author
This message was authored by Cwmynys This message was authored by: Cwmynys

Re: I have just switched broadband provider to Sky and WhatsApp is not functioning.

Yes, I have 

This message was authored by Pinkette This message was authored by: Pinkette

Mine was doing the same as I've just switched to sky broadband too. I had to change shield settings. It was set to block most things. Which is good in one way but fairly annoying in another. As WhatsApp is so widely used. Why block the most common app in the world. Sorted now. Check your shield settings. 

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@Cwmynys wrote:

Yes, I have 

• Whatsapp won't work with PG settings, I suggest you turn Broadband Shield off to prove Whatsapp works.
Passing on the tips I have learned in over 23 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by Pinkette This message was authored by: Pinkette

I modified shield settings for it to work with WhatsApp. Solved it for me. Thanks for reply. 

This message was authored by Pauline++c This message was authored by: Pauline++c

Same problem how did you solve it

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pauline++c normally caused by the default setting for Sky Broadband Shield which you can change by using the My Sky app under Broadband settings.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by k22shs This message was authored by: k22shs

Thank you so much much I have changed the shield and now I can work on my phone at home.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion