Discussion topic: I have an amazon firestick that constantly loses connection with the Internet

This message was authored by Clare2312 This message was authored by: Clare2312

I have an amazon firestick that constantly loses connection with the Internet

My fire stick constantly loses connection with the Internet. The one in the bedroom is worst than the lounge but it is further away from the hub but it's not that far. Wondering why I'm always losing connection. 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: I have an amazon firestick that constantly loses connection with the Internet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Clare2312  Do Sky supply your broadband?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Clare2312
Topic Author
This message was authored by Clare2312 This message was authored by: Clare2312

Re: I have an amazon firestick that constantly loses connection with the Internet

Sky is my broadband supplier 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Hi @Clare2312 

Please post your router stats

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Jnr This message was authored by: Jnr

Hi @jamesn123 I've got the same

issue but how do you post stats as it's not letting my upload a picture and it's not letting me just put the text in..

This message was authored by Jnr This message was authored by: Jnr

@jamesn123 

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN WANoE 299394284 707788885 0 392514 9569764 403:48:07 LAN Up 215002306 118206548 0 11143 0 403:50:03 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 27955962 15763208 0 10655 1803 403:48:19 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 964392580 171223826 0 0 0 403:48:18

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 549900 kbps 75000 kbps

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Hi @Jnr you are on a Ultrafast+ full fibre conection which should be amply fast enough for streaming video. Firesticks are very small and can often be hidden behind a wall mounted TV which is just about the worst place you can put a wifi device. Amazon supply a short HDMI extender cable which can help but in essence get the firestick out in the open and it should work. 

The standard Sky hub is not too bad for WiFi but in many homes you need better wifi kit  to stream video smoothly as any interference will cause jitter which can cause video streams to buffer. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by GregA77 This message was authored by: GregA77

If you are using the ER115 router it's garbage and has known wifi issues which seems to stem from its 2.4/5g synchronisity. I can litereally be sitting nest to the router and the wifi drops out. The more devices you have connected to it the more it will drop out. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion