Discussion topic: How quickly from making the decision to use sky, can it be delivered and installed?

This message was authored by HopefulHove This message was authored by: HopefulHove

How quickly from making the decision to use sky, can it be delivered and installed?

I've just been told by Virgin that my account comes to an end in three days time, and are asking for 150%+ increase in tariff.  I'm furious. How quickly can sky install? (Hove postcode)

This will be from the initial choice of which package to purchase,  to it physically installed.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: How quickly from making the decision to use sky, can it be delivered and installed?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@HopefulHove  You normally would have to wait around 10-14 days for the install to happen.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: How quickly from making the decision to use sky, can it be delivered and installed?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@HopefulHove 

The lead time for any ISP using the Openreach network is typically a minimum of ten working days.  If provisioning is over FTTP and that requires a new optical circuit then this can extend quite significantly.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion