Discussion topic: How do I upgrade to FFTP when my account doesn't show it?

This message was authored by Jefnet This message was authored by: Jefnet

How do I upgrade to FFTP when my account doesn't show it?

For the last six months we've been having the roads turned over while fibre is being layed. Last month we had Openreach notify us FFTP was now available.

I've logged in to my account and followed the process to upgrade, when it searches for upgrades all I get is " you are already on our fastest broadband at your address'. Funny enough, if I search for other providers such as BT, PlusNet, EE, Virgin amoung a few they all offer me 900mbps FFTP!

Interestingly also if I go to sky's website looking for broadband and search for my address AND NOT LOGGING-IN it actually shows it can also offer me the fastest FFTP 900 Mbps packge! What is going on, how do I upgrade?

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: How do I upgrade to FFTP when my account doesn't show it?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jefnet 

Do you have an ultrafast via g.fast connection at the minute?

Unfortunately there is no pathway from ultrafast via g.fast to ultrafast via fttp

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jefnet 

Do you have an ultrafast via g.fast connection at the minute?

Unfortunately there is no pathway from ultrafast via g.fast to ultrafast via fttp

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Jefnet
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jefnet This message was authored by: Jefnet

Thanks for the info. Done more research and found all this:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/No-upgrade-path-from-Ultrafast-1-g-fast-to-full-fibre/td-p/43...

My contract ends in two months, I may as well change to a new supplier!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion