Discussion topic: How do I disable this stupid "Self Heal" page?

This message was authored by AnnoyedSub14 This message was authored by: AnnoyedSub14

How do I disable this stupid "Self Heal" page?

I've been having consistent problems with my "always on" intertnet connection for the last two weeks and EVERY time my connection drops my Internet browser is forcefully opened and directed to the http://192.168.0.1/sky_self_heal.html webpage WITHOUT MY CONSENT. This is particularly aggravating when I'm in another window doing something else that requires my attention, only for SKY to take it upon themselves to forcefully open MY web browser, draining resources and forcing a Chrome tab onto my screen.

Please tell me that there is an in-house way of disabling this "feature". If I need to block the site externally or use any other 3rd Party methods just to regain autonomy of MY personal machine then I'll just switch providers as this is completely unacceptable. 

Thank you in advance.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: How do I disable this stupid "Self Heal" page?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AnnoyedSub14 the hub is telling you that the internet connection has dropped which for most users is something they need to know. Adding a tab to a browser requires minimal "resources" and takes a split second to dismiss but check the settings in  Chrome to block pop ups. 

Isn't the actual issue stopping the connection from being dropped in the first place? If you post your Sky hub's connection stats forum members should be able to see if there is a line fault see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics for how to do that.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
AnnoyedSub14
Topic Author
This message was authored by AnnoyedSub14 This message was authored by: AnnoyedSub14

Most people can tell perfectly well by themselves when their connection drops, given that they can't connect to anything. They do not need a non-consensual and forced browser pop-up that forces itself onto your screen regardless of whether or not you are in another window.

If your solution is a Third-party block then I'll just switch providers thanks.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@AnnoyedSub14 

Why are you so angry about something thats designed to help assist people? Didn't realise you paid by the MB for RAM?

You'll find its called a captive portal and almost all ISPs have it for when the router detects the connection has gone down. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@AnnoyedSub14  You are aare you're simply venting at other customers who are trying to help you.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@AnnoyedSub14 sorry if you took exception to my post but please note the heading "posted by a Superuser not by a Sky employee"

Actually many users will not necessarily be aware as many mobile device switch to using mobile date if the wifi connection fails.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion