Discussion topic: How do I change my wifi to 2.4 ghz?

This message was authored by Mackone14 This message was authored by: Mackone14

Re: How do I change my wifi to 2.4 ghz?

@Highlinder So I have split the two I think via my android phone but how would I go about disabling the 5ghz one? So that the connection is better identified by my 2.4ghz frequency printer? 

image.jpg

Moderator note: picture removed as it shows SSID

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mackone14You don't have to disable it for to connect to your printer. When you point of the printer asks to connect to the Wi-Fi point it at the 2.4 GHz SSID whichever one you named that.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Courtneybrin This message was authored by: Courtneybrin

I have a sky broadband hub i have type in 192.168.0.1 and used the default username and login but it doesn't work and i have even reset the hub for 10s and tried again, still no luck, can anyone help me why I can't login please 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@CourtneybrinWhich hub do you have from Sky from the picture below tells you what to use to log in the router.

Sky Hubs and login details.png

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Courtneybrin wrote:
 i have even reset the hub for 10s and tried again, still no luck, can anyone help me why I can't login please 

@Courtneybrin 

You need to hold the reset pin for 20-30

seconds for it to reset, anything less and the Hub just reboots. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by DarrenH2023 This message was authored by: DarrenH2023

Hi,

I have a number of devices connected to the Sky Broadband Hub but over the past few days a number of smart plugs (TP-Link Tapo units) as well as my Solar Panel transmitter unit have stopped connecting. After investigation, I've found that these devices only connect to 2.4GHz wifi.

So, after making the changes as recommended in this thread, I now cannot connect to the original SSID but can connect to the newly name 5G SSID. Typically my Amazon devices, laptop, iPhone won't connect to the original SSID (linked to the 2.4GHz wifi) - does this mean they were actually needing 5GHz wifi and cannot operate on 2.4GHz wifi? If not, wht won't these devices connect to the 2.4GHz wifi?

Regards,

Darren

This message was authored by DarrenH2023 This message was authored by: DarrenH2023

An update - a reset of the Sky Broadband Hub enabled the 2.4GHz SSID to reactivate and allow all the devices previously connected to the original SSID to reconnect. Those devices that can use 5GHz wifi have now been moved to the SSID5G and those needing just 2.4GHz wifi have remained on the old SSID and are now working.

This message was authored by Kellymcn This message was authored by: Kellymcn

Did you have to split them first or they just reconnected after resetting 

thanka

This message was authored by Zapata This message was authored by: Zapata

Hi,

Similar issue.

I have one device that requires 2.4ghz. I followed the instuctions as advised before and had a partial success. The 2,4ghz device works but the change has caused issues with most of my other devices.

Is there a way to see how many devices require 2.4mhz, 5mhz and those that operate on either channel?

Also, does it matter which channel you rename and if there are any naming protocals?

Thanks.

This message was authored by JMacp79 This message was authored by: JMacp79

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me as I've split my broadband between 2.4ghz and 5ghz but when I try to find the Growatt inverter WiFi on my iPhone when connected to 2.4ghz home WiFi (after changing the flashing red light to the solid blue on the dongle) no WiFi appears in the WiFi list...any advice greatly appreciated? Thanks

This message was authored by AndrewD25 This message was authored by: AndrewD25

Very clear instruction, I am able to re-set my little robot vacuum to use the 2.4Ghz instead of 5Ghz. Thank you

This message was authored by mjgunnill This message was authored by: mjgunnill

I am to install a Ring Doorbell using SKY WIFI. They say:

<<2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual-band connectivity, connecting to 5GHz via channels 100 and above. Channels 36-64 are not available. >>

1: Is Sky 5GHz via channels 100 and above ?

2: and/or Do I have to spilt 2.4GHz and 5GHz ?

Very grateful

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@mjgunnill 

If your ring doorbell specifies 5ghz at on channel 100 or above you would be best to use 2.4ghz as the sky hub only caters for channels 36  and 44

To ensure the doorbell can see 2.4ghz as a seperate wifi network follow the link below

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Talk/How-to-separate-WiFi-bands/ba-p/3530610

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Ginag65 This message was authored by: Ginag65

@Skull+Treaty @Hi, tried these steps but when I change the name & click apply it kicks me off my wifi &

then won't actually load/make the changes. Am I missing something? Thanks 

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Ginag65 wrote:

@Skull+Treaty @Hi, tried these steps but when I change the name & click apply it kicks me off my wifi &

then won't actually load/make the changes. Am I missing something? Thanks 

@Ginag65 are you using a device connected via Wi-Fi and/or an Apple device via Safari?

If possible use a device connected via an Ethernet cable and/or a non Apple device with a different browser. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion