Discussion topic: How can I block the wifi after a certain time to stop kids being up all night ?

This message was authored by Lucy1983 This message was authored by: Lucy1983

How can I block the wifi after a certain time to stop kids being up all night ?

I want the wifi to block from certain time at night to stop kids being up all night ? Is this possible 

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: How can I block the wifi after a certain time to stop kids being up all night ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lucy1983 

The preferred solution from Sky is parental controls on WiFi Max (at extra cost per month)

A crude workaround is to purchase a wireless access point (not a router), connect that to the Sky Hub over ethernet cable, and then give the kids the user credentials for the wireless signal from the AP.  Change the credentials for the Sky Hub (and its administrator password) and then physically switch off the access point when you want their internet access to cease: adults and wired devices can continue to use the Hub signal.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: How can I block the wifi after a certain time to stop kids being up all night ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lucy1983 

The preferred solution from Sky is parental controls on WiFi Max (at extra cost per month)

A crude workaround is to purchase a wireless access point (not a router), connect that to the Sky Hub over ethernet cable, and then give the kids the user credentials for the wireless signal from the AP.  Change the credentials for the Sky Hub (and its administrator password) and then physically switch off the access point when you want their internet access to cease: adults and wired devices can continue to use the Hub signal.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion