Discussion topic: Hi My WiFi speed is good but the TV and other devices are buffering as if the bandwidth is low.

This message was authored by Tim62 This message was authored by: Tim62

Hi My WiFi speed is good but the TV and other devices are buffering as if the bandwidth is low.

Hi My WiFi speed is good 151 Mbps but the TV and other devices are buffering as if the bandwidth is low.  There are very few devices being used at one time.  Generally 1.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Hi My WiFi speed is good but the TV and other devices are buffering as if the bandwidth is low.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tim62 the issue is likely to be the wifi speed and regularity at the device not tgecspeed to your hub. Streaming is very sensitive to things likecwifi interference asif a data packet goes missing the app has to wait until its resent while some disruption is ok if it goes above a limit you get buffering. 

In many homes the free Sky hub is not up to providing a strong wifi signal especially if your neighbour's networks are in range. There are things you can do ideally connecting streaming devices by ethernet cables but yhst can be impractical. You can buy PowerlinecAdapter kits thst use the mains wiring to carry the data which work quite well in most homes. Sky have a packahe called Wifi Max at £7.50 a month which gets you a new modern hub and up to 3 extender pods if an engineer agrees you need them. It doesnt work with Sky Q.

Alternatively you can buy your own whole home wifi solution I use, a three satellite system which cost £100 and gives my Sky Stream pucks amd Sky Glass TV rock steady wifi which the hub couldn't do. It is normal to turn off the hub's wifi if you go down this route 

This is what I do

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Hi My WiFi speed is good but the TV and other devices are buffering as if the bandwidth is low.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tim62 the issue is likely to be the wifi speed and regularity at the device not tgecspeed to your hub. Streaming is very sensitive to things likecwifi interference asif a data packet goes missing the app has to wait until its resent while some disruption is ok if it goes above a limit you get buffering. 

In many homes the free Sky hub is not up to providing a strong wifi signal especially if your neighbour's networks are in range. There are things you can do ideally connecting streaming devices by ethernet cables but yhst can be impractical. You can buy PowerlinecAdapter kits thst use the mains wiring to carry the data which work quite well in most homes. Sky have a packahe called Wifi Max at £7.50 a month which gets you a new modern hub and up to 3 extender pods if an engineer agrees you need them. It doesnt work with Sky Q.

Alternatively you can buy your own whole home wifi solution I use, a three satellite system which cost £100 and gives my Sky Stream pucks amd Sky Glass TV rock steady wifi which the hub couldn't do. It is normal to turn off the hub's wifi if you go down this route 

This is what I do

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion