Discussion topic: HP Officejet pro 8610 printer not connecting to SKY Max router

This message was authored by Ed71 This message was authored by: Ed71

HP Officejet pro 8610 printer not connecting to SKY Max router

I have a problem linking my new SKY Max Hub router to a HP Officejet pro 8610 printer. I have tried connecting using WPS and manual password login.

"an error has occurred" message happens each time and i tried printing diagnostic information. On Settings No Filtering it returns FAIL. At top of page attention your printer is unable to connect to wireless router. MAC address filtering may be enabled.  I have also tried connecting printer to router with ethernet cable but this didnt work either...

I have factory reset printer and tried to update to latest firmware with laptop connected by USB cable but firmware upto date. It worked fine with my BT smart hub before switching to sky...

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: HP Officejet pro 8610 printer not connecting to SKY Max router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ed71 see my reply to your other post. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ed71 see my reply to your other post. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by IanInHammerton This message was authored by: IanInHammerton

Hi 

SOLVED !

I had same problem with HP ENVY5532. Solution was to change the security protocol from WAP3 to WAP2 on the router settings menu. I found that the printer connects instantly if you made the change and went off line immmediately I switched back. If you feel you need the extra security.change to WAP2 , print, then change back. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion