Discussion topic: Gameplay issues on xbox series s

This message was authored by Treblered99 This message was authored by: Treblered99

Gameplay issues on xbox series s

Basically had this problem on my other xbox last January Basically unplayable despite me having 70 mb line speed,,, and using a ethernet cable directly to the router,,z I sold that xbox have spent next to £200 on new xbox and fifa game for it to he unplayable,,, here's my router statistics 

Screenshot_20230926_145910_Chrome.jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Gameplay issues on xbox series s

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Treblered99 

Your router stats suggest there is no ethernet cable in use. Are you sure its connected properly?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Treblered99
Topic Author
This message was authored by Treblered99 This message was authored by: Treblered99

Yes its plugged into my xbox and to my router in port one I'll do it again now because like an idiot didn't have my xbox on shall I do router stats again with xbox on. Sorry 

Treblered99
Topic Author

Screenshot_20230926_153313_Chrome.jpg

Treblered99
Topic Author

@jamesn123  here there are with the xbox on 

Screenshot_20230926_153313_Chrome.jpg

Treblered99
Topic Author

I am using a 20 Meter adsl cable as not in the room I'm originally in with rhe adsl port is ,,, I'm upstairs in different room will that make a difference 

@Treblered99 

You say ADSL cable, do you mean ethernet/RJ45 cable? Or do you mean your using an extended ADSL cable to move the router closer to the Xbox?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Treblered99
Topic Author

Extended adsl cable,,, and using ethernet cable from router to xbox 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Treblered99 your hub is synching at 80Mb/s down and 20Mb/s up so the long cable to the master socket doesnt look to be causing issues. There is nothing obvious in the stats showing a line issue and assuming the ethernet cable is direct and not via powerline/ switches etc then that can be ruled out. 

There can be issues with Sky hubs if there are multiple simultaenous users as the hub like other freebie routers does not have any way of prioritising game traffic so a couple of others in the household watching different video streams could cause issues. If that applies you may need a more powerful router optimised for gaming. You can set up,a Broadband Quality monitor see https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality that will show if there is an issue between your hub and the main London Internet Exchange which is rare but possible..

However there is one other possibility which comes around every year when EA Games launch their annual update which is simply their servers can't cope. If that applies other non EA Games games should play smoothly. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@Treblered99 

Ah okay, not the ADSL cable shouldn't be causing as issue because your sync looks fine. However it could be that the extended cable is causing line errors in the background that the router isnt showing. These errors can quite easily cause packet loss so could you try with a normal length ADSL cable?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Treblered99
Topic Author

Hello I'm back again I signed upto that broadband quality manager after I thought my Internet sorted it self out from 12- 4pm and could play and and enjoy online gaming,,then it when back to previously poor connection,,,, here's my bqm graph when you compare it to there for problems mine deffo not ok and its not comparable to theres examples,,,, can you explain to me if this chart to me 

Screenshot_20230928_063600_Chrome.jpg

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Treblered99 red iss bad as the connection is lost, but as @jamesn123 points out the long ADSL cable could be a factor. I would temporarily move the hub back to a couple of meters from the master socket using a standard DSL cable to see if thst sorts the issue. If it does then there's the problem if it doesnt there are issues with the line.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion