Discussion topic: Full fibre with none Openreach fibre provider?

This message was authored by Fav74 This message was authored by: Fav74

Full fibre with none Openreach fibre provider?

Does Sky provide full fibre broadband via other fibre network providers other than Openreach? I've received notification that Connect Fibre will be installing full fibre to my area by November, so I'm trying to find out whether I will be able to get Sky Full Fibre over this network provider as openreach don't have any dates for their own fibre network being installed yet?

I assume if Sky can't provide a connection via this supplier then my only option to get full fibre would be to order in direct from this supplier and cancel my sky connection once the new one is installed?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Full fibre with none Openreach fibre provider?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fav74 wrote:

Does Sky provide full fibre broadband via other fibre network providers other than Openreach? I've received notification that Connect Fibre will be installing full fibre to my area by November, so I'm trying to find out whether I will be able to get Sky Full Fibre over this network provider as openreach don't have any dates for their own fibre network being installed yet?

I assume if Sky can't provide a connection via this supplier then my only option to get full fibre would be to order in direct from this supplier and cancel my sky connection once the new one is installed?

No, Sky use Openreach only.

You would need to order through the new provider as suggested and once the service is up & running give Sky notice to cancel.  This will ensure no break in service.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Full fibre with none Openreach fibre provider?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fav74 wrote:

Note that if you are within a discounted minimum contract term with Sky, doing so will incur a penalty fee for early cancellation.  The arrival of an altnet supplier offering higher speed does not negate an existing ISP contract.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion