Discussion topic: FTTP router stats now showing connection speed

This message was authored by Giggsy1977 This message was authored by: Giggsy1977

FTTP router stats now showing connection speed

Anyone else's SR203 showing their connection speeds in the router stats?

Don't think there has been a firmware update, but connection did drop in the early hours and now it shows what I'm connected at rather than 0kbps.

Sky Q 1tb, Sky Fibre Ultrafast 1 SR203 (Download 150mbps, Upload 29mbps)

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: FTTP router stats now showing connection speed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Giggsy1977 

That happened recently however others on fttp are querying whether they are the line stats or just harvested from the profile 

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Giggsy1977
Topic Author
This message was authored by Giggsy1977 This message was authored by: Giggsy1977

Thanks @cookiemonsteruk - fair point. Are the figures accurate or just filling a box?!

Shall have to keep any eye on them.

Been getting the orange voice light, necessitating a unplug of the router for a few mins so was thinking if it was a firmware upgrade it might help with that!

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Giggsy1977 

We are waiting for word back from community managers on the accuracy ie will it  show a fault when there is one. 

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Giggsy1977
Topic Author

That would be good. I hear it's Sky servers without enough addresses causing the orange voice light issue. Bit frustrating as I upgraded to FTTP for more stability!

1000032441.jpg

@Giggsy1977 

The orange voice light has been an issue since sky rolled out fttp and tends to bring down the broadband as well without an underlying broadband issue.  Again whether or not the stats you posted will revert to zero would provide a clue as to where those downstream figures are gleaned from

Giggsy1977
Topic Author

Assuming it lets me log into the router. Sometimes it has when the connection is down, sometimes it hasn't! 🙄

This message was authored by svander1 This message was authored by: svander1

I found it strange that it never showed.  Must be maxed out at 999.9mbps, sometimes the speedtest.net gets to 1.2gbps 🙂

svander1_2-1700055805389.png

---
Diamond SKY VIP (20years) | 2TB SKY Q Box UHD/HDR (V3) | 4 Mini's | SKY GigaFast BB (924/110Mbps)
SKY WIFI BOOSTER | 4 x EERO PRO 6 MESH | LG OLED 65" C1 (2021) & | Samsung Atmos Sound Bar
RETURNED SKY Glass, but interested in a STREAMING future
SKY Signature | Ultimate TV | SKY Cinema | Ultra HD | SKY Kids
4 SKY Mobile contracts | Alexa & Home Automation Enthusiast

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion