Discussion topic: Dropping connection

This message was authored by Katy1111 This message was authored by: Katy1111

Dropping connection

My sky broadband keeps dropping connection; my phone, tv and laptop

are all going offline. I have checked the WIFI checker and it says everything's okay - but is isn't. It has been doing this intermittently all morning, every 10/15 minutes or so.

All Replies

This message was authored by sarah+lou+22 This message was authored by: sarah+lou+22

Re: Dropping connection

My internet dropped connection everything in and check tv all working correctly but just the internet. 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Katy1111Was this the test that you ran while the internet was having the issues

Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

@sarah+lou+22  Could you please run the same test from the link above.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by sarah+lou+22 This message was authored by: sarah+lou+22

I'm having to book an engineer out as everything else is okay but my connection which is weird as I live in a block of flats. 🤷‍♀️

Katy1111
Topic Author

I have used the sky link & everything looks fine, but yet again my connection has dropped. 

im on my laptop and it's come up saying 'the service provider in your current location is restricting access to the internet' what does this even mean. 

how can I book an engineer? I often WFH so this isn't ideal 

Katy1111
Topic Author

Contact number

Does anyone have the correct contact number for broadband issues. Getting really fed up mine dropping connections constantly and I'm struggling to find a number anywhere! 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Contact number

@Katy1111 

You need to post your router stats so that someone who understands them can perhaps advise. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

If you end up having to call Sky you can call free by dialling 150 from a Sky Talk landline or a Sky Mobile, otherwise you can use:
https://www.sky.com/help/home
UK customers: Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number.
ROI customers: change the flag in the bottom right corner of the link to the ROI flag then scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0818 number.
(The forum doesn’t allow us to type the numbers in full).

You will find that similar to calling other large companies the start will be automated which may also try to send you back to the forum. Stay on the line as long as possible and don’t hang up.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Katy1111
Topic Author

Internet dropping after power cut

On Friday we had a planned power cut by northern power. From Saturday I have been having constant issues with my WIFI. It drops regularly (at least once an hour) 

I often work from home so I wouldn't be able to do this until sorted.

i have checked all the connections online and it says it's okay although my

speed has dropped to 6.4 mbps!

help! What could this be! 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Internet dropping after power cut

@Katy1111 

Your 3 threads have been joined. You don't need separate threads for one issue. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Katy1111 

I merged your post with this one so we could see the full picture

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Lyndaj This message was authored by: Lyndaj

Internet at ours is down and TV says it is but the checker says not here too.  Chapeltown Sheffield 

This message was authored by KB39 This message was authored by: KB39

My Broadband has also been dropping out every 10/15 minutes.  I work from home so it's really interfering with my ability to work effectively.  The Broadband checker always says "everything is fine" 🙄!  I've reset the router, unplugged it and plugged it back in again etc.  I checked the status summary last time it dropped and it does say "Disconnected" against Broadband.  I wonder if we just need a new router?  The one we have is certainly not young!   I just wish there was an easy way of telling Sky we have a problem so that they can sort it!  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion