Discussion topic: Cut me off over Christmas!!! Not acceptable!

This message was authored by Phil471 This message was authored by: Phil471

Cut me off over Christmas!!! Not acceptable!

Hi,

I recently signed up to sky (switching from Vodafone).

I explicitly went out of my way to speak to a rep to inform that I must have no down time during switching as we're coming up to the Christmas period but I also work remotely and need an active connection. 

I was informed I would have 0 downtime and my equipment would reach me before any activation. 

I received a sign-up email stating the date of activation was set for 28th of December. 

Just late last night (Christmas Eve, 3am) the internet goes down and I have no idea why.

After thrawling through the email and finally getting the sign up to work I login to see they switched me over with NO EQUIPMENT!! Effectively ruining Christmas for all my children and family. Not to mention I am working over the Christmas period and cannot connect to the poor mobile data I am using. 

This is absolutely absurd!!!

Does anyone know if I can get help with this?

All Replies

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Re: Cut me off over Christmas!!! Not acceptable!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Phil471 Sounds like Openreach have switched you early and unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done to help, there is no way of getting you any equipment out before Wednesday at the earliest.

It may be worth putting in a complaint but I wouldn't use working from home as the reason,  Sky only supply a domestic service so won't be concerned at all that you've been unable to work due to this error.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Phil471 wrote:

I explicitly went out of my way to speak to a rep to inform that I must have no down time during switching as we're coming up to the Christmas period but I also work remotely and need an active connection. 

I was informed I would have 0 downtime and my equipment would reach me before any activation. 

No ISP should be 'guaranteeing' that, particularly at this time of year.  If anything, contact centre staff would really be better off advising people not to 'switch' just before a sequence of public holidays and during the peak demand period for delivery services.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Phil471
Topic Author

Thank you all for the replies. 

Being new to sky, I'm not 100% sure where I can lodge a complaint about this. 

What is the best way to go about this?

Thanks.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

See this link @Phil471 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Phil471
Topic Author

Thanks for all the help.

Sky have been no help unfortunately and will also not offer any compensation (not even in line with what their auto compensation states). When I asked to be transferred to cancellations the agent made up some excuse of their system not working right and they would phone me right back, alas, no callback. 

I am blown away at the level of professionalism with Sky here. Lies from start to finish and no offer of any compensation besides 2-3 euro. 

Therefore, I am cancelling my new Sky subscription and switching back to Vodafone. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion