Discussion topic: Connection timeout when I try and log into bank

This message was authored by DPS101 This message was authored by: DPS101

Connection timeout when I try and log into bank

Since joining Sky broadband a few months ago I have been unable to log into a particuar bank account through my laptop. The connection times out with the error message "...took too long to respond".

I have tried clearing my cache and cookies, and I've tried different browsers, neither of which worked.

I have other bank accounts that connect through Sky broadband without a problem, and if I connect to this particular bank on the same laptop via my phone hotspot I can log straight in. Why can't I connect through Sky broadband?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Connection timeout when I try and log into bank

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DPS101 if the site is timing out it is possibly a routing issue if other sites are connecting normally. You could try using adding a public DNS service to the network settings on your device as thst can help speed up web connections try Cloudflare's on 1.1.1.1 or Google's on 8.8.8.8

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
DPS101
Topic Author
This message was authored by DPS101 This message was authored by: DPS101

@Chrisee thank you for the suggestion - it's not something I was aware of! Sadly it didn't fix the issue, I tried both Google and Cloudflare's DNS and I still can't log into that particular bank (although I can still access the other banks using the different DNS)
What I don't understand is why I'm able to log in through my phone hotspot using the same laptop/browser/everything, but not if I try and connect through Sky broadband. I didn't have a problem previously with a broadband connection through Virgin either.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @DPS101 

Try switching your router off for an hour to fetch a new public IP

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion