Discussion topic: Channel 4 Error code 4404 & BBC Iplayer not working after switching my broadband hub

This message was authored by Dominika+Szymczak This message was authored by: Dominika+Szymczak

Channel 4 Error code 4404 & BBC Iplayer not working after switching my broadband hub

So i received a new broadband hub as i still had one of those square boxes, and i was renewing my broadband contract anyway , so decided to get new sky hub

I only have broadband with sky, no sky tv just to clarify.

So i plugged it all in, reconnected all my devices and it works fine, or so I thought. 

My smart tv has built in apps for Netflix, Amazon prime etc and they all work fine .

Apart from free play which contains bbc iplayer and channel 4 and others -  and for the life of me I can't figure out why they stopped working after plugging in the new hub. I get error that there is a network problem and that's it. I can't move on any further. I checked my phone apps and also through website for channel 4 and bbc and they work fine. So not quite sure why the problem appeared just on my tv ? Anyone has any ideas what I can do to try and fix this ?

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Channel 4 Error code 4404 & BBC Iplayer not working after switching my broadband hub

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Dominika+Szymczak 

Try disabling your Sky Shield if its enabled

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion