Discussion topic: Can add more that 11 smart devices

This message was authored by Lornanz This message was authored by: Lornanz

Can add more that 11 smart devices

hi

Had this hub for 5 years or so. I've not been able to add more than 10 smart devices to my. I've tested a couple of plugs at my brothers house and he was able to connect to them. I've sat next to the hub with the smart plug and phone. I can get the plug to flash and the app is trying to connect but just doesnt connect. I have a smart watch so can see that blue tooth is working.

Any help gratfully recived

Lorna

Best Answers
This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1 Answer

Re: Can add more that 11 smart devices

@Lornanz It may be possible that your devices are having trouble connecting to a specific band on the sky router. If you know for certain that the device operates say on the 2.4ghz band, then you may have to seperate the bands on the hub and have ssid for each. Search of the forum to see how to split the bands if required.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1 Answer

@Lornanz It may be possible that your devices are having trouble connecting to a specific band on the sky router. If you know for certain that the device operates say on the 2.4ghz band, then you may have to seperate the bands on the hub and have ssid for each. Search of the forum to see how to split the bands if required.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lornanz these are the  instructions of how to split the Wifi bands on the black Sky hubs Split Sky WiFi bands

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Lornanz
Topic Author

ok will do

Thank you

Lornanz
Topic Author

Jim, will sit down and give it a go on Thursay when I have time to concertrate on it

thanks

Lorna

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion