Discussion topic: Can I get broadband without phone line port

This message was authored by Aishmc This message was authored by: Aishmc

Can I get broadband without phone line port

We had the electrics upgraded and during the process removed all phone line ports in the house. 

Can we still get skybroadband? 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Can I get broadband without phone line port

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Aishmc 

All terrestrial (fixed line) broadband requires either a master 'phone' socket (ADSL, FTTC, G.fast) or an optical cable and ONT (FTTP).

Depending on which broadband technology the address is provisioned on, fitting such infrastructure is part of the installation process.

Putting the address into the BT Wholesale Availability Checker should indicate which provisioning type is applicable.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

It's the table and the two text lines below it which are most useful.

Remove any personal information (such as the address itself) if you post an image.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Can I get broadband without phone line port

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Aishmc 

In previous experience if you've removed the Openreach master socket yourself then when placing a broadband order you will have to wait until activation day then call Sky and report that you do not have a socket at which point Openreach will come out and fit one. As far as I am aware there is no way to get Openreach to come out and do this pre-activation. 

However if you have FTTP in your area then this would be different as Openreach would come out anyway and install the fibre cable into your home. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion