Discussion topic: Broadband wireless password incorrect

This message was authored by Gemmalou4 This message was authored by: Gemmalou4

Broadband wireless password incorrect

I received a new Sky hub box yesterday and have been trying to connect to the wifi using the wireless name and password on the back of the hub but it constantly tells me its the incorrect password. I have reset the hub several times and turned it on and off at the power supply hoping to reset it back to default and tried again but still no luck. I am definitely entering the correct password, i have checked it so many times but i don't know why it keeps telling me it's incorrect. Any ideas how to sort this?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Broadband wireless password incorrect

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gemmalou4 to reset the hub back to its default settings you must press and hold in the reset pin in until the power led flashes which takes surprisingly long then the default values on the label will work.

However do check you have not read a figure like 1 as a capital I or similar its very easy to do but dont ask how I know.😉

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion